See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2017

So I will go straight to the point.
Pros:
- Nice quiet neighborhood
- Clean bathroom
- Antique look and feel
- When we arrived, no one was at the place to welcome us however a nice welcome letter was left with the keys and another nice welcome envelope was left on the bed
- Delicious cookies always available!
- Plenty of parking space
- Cute family
- Fast Wifi (Tip: use Beechwood_EXT as that is the fast one not the regular Beechwood network. There was no mention of that in the welcome letter and we found out on our own)

Cons:
- Room: we stayed in the Rose room which is supposed to be one of the high tier and famous rooms, however it doesn't look like the pictures here and is very outdated. The top of the bed is not there anymore, the fireplace looks like it hasn't been used in a long time and has huge spider webs (I didn't tell my wife so she wouldn't freak out), dusting is only done in visible places but don't try to look behind the bed or in hidden places which indicates that the room hasn't been properly cleaned in a while, stains are present on the walls and above the shower and there was no shower head! Finally, windows are very cranky and the shutters don't stay closed, which is far from optimal as the room is on the ground floor and people are going to be passing by it while walking on the terrace, so whoever is in the room is clearly visible from the windows which ruins privacy, we had to check all the shutters every time we go in the room to ensure no one can see us.
- Breakfast: It was cute having the daughters bring the food and drinks to the tables, however we didn't really have any choice regarding the breakfast and if you don't eat sausage or sweet bread then don't really count on the breakfast here.
- Amenities: we stayed for 2 nights but no one ever came by to ask about cleaning the rooms or changing the towels. We asked for a beach towel (which is mentioned in the amenities as per the website) and we waited for long and no one came so we just left to our trip and didn't hear back again regarding the "beach towel" we asked for.
- Price: I really think the inn is overpriced given all the aforementioned quality.

Overall, Beechwood inn was a nice place to stay while exploring the cape, however don't expect much from the place itself. There might be other better places at the same price range.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HesAng2015
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Julie and Jo, the owners, were friendly and helpful. The room was very big with a nice bathroom and TV. It was spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and nice fresh smelling linen. Breakfast was delicious and beautifully served in a Victorian dining room. We don't eat meat so Julie made vegetarian breakfasts for us. She put herself out for us on several occasions and her husband was always asking if he could help us in any way. All in all I'd recommend it. The outside of the Inn could do with some renovation and it has a lot of potential generally.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have to be reached via a spiral wooden staircase which could be tricky for people with accessibility issues.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Prepare yourself to feel you are staying with a nice Cape Cod family rather than a typical company run mansion hotel with hired help.

You'll be greeted by a nice young couple who own the place along with their two toddlers and pooches.

They work hard to please and did. The room we stayed in, the Red Room around the porch on the first floor is reputed to be haunted. Did we sense any ghosts? No comment.

It was nicely furnished including a 4-poster bed which although comfortable required a provided stool to barely be able to get into. Didn't see any creepy crawlies, but even if any were hiding they'd need a stool too as the mattress seemed closer to the ceiling than the floor. Well almost.

The couple served a delicious, albeit it light homemade breakfast.

Parking was free and ample and it's located only about 20 minutes from the Hyannis ferry terminals.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2016

We arrived to an unlocked open house and a couple waiting to check in. The owners went to the beach and did not answer any calls to their provided cells. I found a pubic hair and a dead bug in my bed. There was no hand soap in the bathroom and the shower liner is filthy with mold (not to mention the cobwebs). The next morning we found one of the owners who said he would fix these things. We did get soap, but when I climbed into bed my feet hit sand all in the bottom of the sheets. Then I saw the dead bug still nestled in the folds. Disgusting, clearly these sheets were not changed nor cleaned. The owners have other FT jobs so you can't even find them to complain. When I reached Julie on the phone she apologized and said she'd credit some money back, but it never came. Additional calls and e-mails went unanswered. I contacted Expedia where I booked, and she even hung up on them! This place is not only gross to stay in but the hospitality and customer service is sorely lacking. Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: Lilac Room has been studied for paranormal activity. Doesn't bother me, but might bother some.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
5  Thank tracerstlm
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Pleased I was able to make a last minute reservation for a one night weekend stay but became clear why room available. Garrett room really not acceptable as rental. Unable to stand up straight ) at 5' 2". Bathroom down flight of steep stairs from bedroom. Shades frayed . No bar soap. No ventilation in bathroom. Place overall seemed quite run down . Location decent....not much accessible on foot but able to drive.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple