“Won't return!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
Panama City, Florida
“Won't return!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here previously and gave it an ok rating. Stayed here again because it was halfway between where my friend and I both needed to be. Came in exhausted and went to bed. We were to stay Friday thru Wednesday. Our room was presumably cleaned everyday but Monday. They woke us at 8:30 am everyday, even with the do not disturb sign on the door. I noticed no vacuuming had been done but that was ok. The beds had been made. I always sleep nearest to the door and on the left side of the bed, near the nightstand. My great nephew came back to the hotel with me to pick something up on Tuesday and the bed was unmade. He asked if he could make it for me. I said yes. Then he asked if I had a baby...what? He had found a baby's sock on the right side of the bed and what looked like feces smeared near it! I told him to back away. We contacted management and a man who said he was head manager came and took a picture of it. He asked me why I hadn't noticed and I explained that I only slept on one side of the bed and each day before now, the bed had been made.
He apologized and said he would take something off the bill. I asked that housekeeping come remedy this while we were gone. Explained we would be back that evening. He said he would talk with them right away. We came back at 10:30pm to find NOTHING had been touched in the room. Upon calling the front desk, the best they could do was to offer 15% off our bill for the night and give us a top sheet. We finally just repacked the car and left. We left a message for the head manager who returned my call the next day but apparently just as he was leaving the building. I was driving and returned his call a half hour later and was told he would be in the next day. My friend has contacted the main office and we will see what happens from there.
Considering that they were charging nearly $70 each night, you would think that they could clean the rooms better. Also, not everyone gets up early, so they need to check on the rooms after 10am!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Shelly W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had read older unfavorable reviews and almost didn't come... but I found the Red Roof to fit my needs. Clean unscented room, shower/tub, laundry and ice machine .. quiet and great staff...what more? Oh yeah great price for a double...
And we were given rags to wipe down our bikes and after we cleaned them up we stored them inside our room.

Room Tip: Get smoke free, animal free room. Lower floor if you are cyclist...that's what we have... No has...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very Friendly and helpful staff that made sure we got all the benefits from our Red Roof Inn card that we are supposed to. Rooms were very clean with more amenities than other Red Roof Inns. My only criticism of the location is that it has obviously been recently remodeled and the rooms could still use more work. Also it is hard to get to the Ice Machine located in the center of the building. If you are at the far end or back side of the building, this makes it hard to get to. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is great when riding the C&O Canal. If you do the mileage the way we did, you will end up at Williamsport. Cyclists, don't get down when you get off the trail and there is that ugly busy hill to ride up. It is really quite short, no more than a mile, and then you turn right and you are at the Red Roof and they are all set up for you and your bike. They put cyclists on the first floor. It is so easy to remove panniers outside your door. Then you ride next door to the little car wash to rinse the mud and grime off your bike. The rooms are very well appointed with plenty of room for your bikes. You can also easily lock them right outside your room if you prefer.

We walked down into town to the pizza place there but the place across the street from the Red Roof gets much better reviews. Next door from it is a liquor store to get a bottle of wine to go with it. There is also an Asian restaurant and. Subway. We stopped at the Subway for a couple of sandwiches for the ride next day. On request, the Red Roof provides refrigerators, which we enjoyed.

Super place, super value. And even though it doesn't initially seem so as you are riding up to it, a great stop for the night on the C&O canal.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
seaford, de
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A 2 mile bike ride from the C and O canal towpath...staff was friendly, 2 comfy double beds, fine shower, flat screen tv and room for our bikes...that's all we needed. Across the street a Subway rest. and Marcus's NY style pizza...a bunch of Italian dishes we thought were fine. The 24/7 Waffle House is right next door and good for a breakfast. You know what we expected for $60... we were happily mistaken!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Germantown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We used this hotel because we were traveling with two cats. The rooms were clean but had a faint smell of other pets, we ran the air conditioner all night to avoid it. With that being said the staff were excellent and fixed a problem with our booking the wrong date. If you have a pet I would strongly recommend this place because there is no pet fee... Otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A good place to stay at a reasonable rate. They have clean rooms, and the hotel is located in a quiet area - but still is close to route 81. Sadly, there is no elevator to the second floor. Also, the swimming pool seems to be closed everytime that I stay there. Conveniently located right next to a Waffle House. Red Roof is pet friendly so it has been my hotel of choice for years.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a parking spot near room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
#4 of 21 in Hagerstown
4.0 of 5 stars 822 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD? Share your experiences!