New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD

Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
seaford, de
“A very nice surprise and only $60”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

A 2 mile bike ride from the C and O canal towpath...staff was friendly, 2 comfy double beds, fine shower, flat screen tv and room for our bikes...that's all we needed. Across the street a Subway rest. and Marcus's NY style pizza...a bunch of Italian dishes we thought were fine. The 24/7 Waffle House is right next door and good for a breakfast. You know what we expected for $60... we were happily mistaken!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Germantown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We used this hotel because we were traveling with two cats. The rooms were clean but had a faint smell of other pets, we ran the air conditioner all night to avoid it. With that being said the staff were excellent and fixed a problem with our booking the wrong date. If you have a pet I would strongly recommend this place because there is no pet fee... Otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

A good place to stay at a reasonable rate. They have clean rooms, and the hotel is located in a quiet area - but still is close to route 81. Sadly, there is no elevator to the second floor. Also, the swimming pool seems to be closed everytime that I stay there. Conveniently located right next to a Waffle House. Red Roof is pet friendly so it has been my hotel of choice for years.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a parking spot near room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stay at the Red Roof Inn because, in previous hotels in this chain, I'd had wonderful experiences. The stay was okay for the most part but there were many roadway workers that felt the need to party pretty late. On the second night, I finally called the front desk to complain because it was after 11:30 pm and they were still partying outside their rooms. Even with the air on and the TV loud, I could still here them. I had two dogs with me and it was starting to cause them to want to growl. The front desk clerk said that I was the first to complain. I asked how many complaints were necessary before asking them to quiet down for the night.
They finally went inside when I came out myself and asked them to quiet down. Other than that incident, it was pretty uneventful.
There were no bedbugs and the bedding smelled fresh. The carpets are very worn and the bathroom small but it seemed fairly clean. There is another hotel not far (I found out later) in Spring Mills Rd. in WV that takes pets and seems to be much cleaner. This Red Roof will have to step up their game if they want to compete. I thought that $70/night was kind of high for a so-so room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shelly W
virginia beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

i normally stay at Marriott chain hotels when traveling but the price for Hagerstown over Memorial Day weekend was over $100 more per night than the Red Roof Inn. Great place to stay with just the bare basics. i don't expect much other than a clean room when the rate is $49 a night. the room was very clean and the tv had like 70 channels in it. i also ran on the C&O trail the next morning and it was fantastic. no breakfast from what i seen but their is a Waffle House in the parking lot anyway so i would definately recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and not picky.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked a night recentl at the Red Roof Inn in Williamsport, MD, because my son and I were going to bike from there to Washington DC on the C&O Canal. Wendy checked us in and was very hospitable. Our room (two doubles) was clean and spacious. No signs of bed bugs, which is always a concern for my wife when I'm away. Shower was hot. TV was good, so watched the NBA playoffs. Room included a fridge. We ordered Dominoes pizza which was delivered quickly to the room. They allowed us to keep our car on the property the next day, so we didn't have to worry about it while we were biking to DC. Coffee, tea and juices available in the morning. A number or restaurants were located nearby. Beds were firm and comfortable. All we could have asked for, so I give it a two-thumbs up hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ed L
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

At first, we shrugged off that the room smelled a little like wet dog... it was a rainy day, and we know this establishment is pet friendly. Then, my husband pull back the sheets of a "made" bed to find cat feces! When brought to the attention of the front desk, we were offered a 15% discount OR a change of room. When discussed with the manager the next day, no further resolution was offered... and he said that WE could call him back later in the day. Even in email correspondence later, not a single staff member apologized for the inconvenience... only that "your stay did not meet your expectations." WORST customer service ever piled on top of a huge sanitation & cleanliness concern.

Room Tip: I would never stay here again.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#10 of 21 in Hagerstown

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD? Share your experiences!