“Average for a Red Roof Inn”

Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Many of the Red Roof Inns are in need of upgrading and this property is no exception. Improvements have occured in some rooms but your room assignment is still a "room lottery". The guests are the usual mixture of sport teams, work crews on temporary assignment, and travelers primarily concerned with "value". The price is right-the experience will depend on your neighbors that evening.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had recently stayed at another Red Roof Inn that was ok, but was less than impressed. This Red Roof Inn seemed better. The front desk staff was friendly. The area was relatively quiet. I thought there was some disturbance going on, but I realized that it was because my room was right in front of the stairs, so I was hearing people walk up and down. The room itself was clean and relatively comfortable. It smelled just fine. The internet seemed to work fairly well too. I would recommend staying there if you don't want to pay a significant amount!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2012

In town for golf tournament! Stayed for a week with 2 dogs. They are charged extra for second dog! Never had a red roof do that before. Lady at check in double charged my credit card by accident. When i told her she was not apologetic! Had to call my bank to get charges taken off. Room was small but clean. Strange characters staying next to us. Hanging outside room! Not a great place to walk dogs. There are schools behind hotel to walk them but most areas say no dogs allowed. Is close to bike towpath. Not many places to eat near hotel. Do have amazing donuts in lobby in the a.m! Overpriced for run down motel! But it is maryland and its as good as you can do if on a budget!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

For the money ($55), it's a nice room. The sink is quite nice, the Sony Trinitron TV isn't flat but it is as good a picture as most LCDs, and the beds are comfy enough. Wendy at the front desk was extremely friendly and direct - even inquiring about what I thought of the room upon checking in. I told her it was great. Well, it isn't perfect, but it's decent. In either case, I can say that she is a front desk person I'd trust!

I used to be a housekeeper, and I realize that I can be overly picky. So I'm reviewing this hotel from the perspective of a housekeeper. There were a couple problems - the door had a coffee stain (or something) and it should have been cleaned up but is something that's easy to miss. Additionally, the carpet is just ooold. It was clean on my feet, but from an angle you can see it is heavily stained from many years of coffee spills and chinese takeout accidents and whatnot. Well-cleaned but end-of-life. But, really, if you are paying $50 or so for a room, what do you expect? For me, this is what I expect, so 4 of 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

These people were so nice when I called to make the reservation and so nice during our stay! The outside of the hotel looks worn and there were people standing all over outside, which was strange, but the inside of the lobby and rooms seem to have been updated within the past year or so. Our room was pretty clean, bedding was clean, but the carpet and doors need to be replaced. I can't complain, really, $55 for 1 night and they allow pets! I usually try to stay at red roof inns and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and very comfortable. It looked like the room was just updated. It would have been nice to have a flat screen tv and if the AC worked better. The hotel has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I would definately stay here again. The continental breakfast sucked they had the worst donuts I have ever eaten.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here a few months ago I was against staying at this motel. I was willing to ride my bike into Hagerstown to get to another option rather than try this one. Just before we left on our biking trip from Pittsburgh to DC I checked the reviews again and they seemed much better. The rest of the group wanted to try this one because it's close to the trail and very reasonably priced so I agreed. What a great decision it was. There was nothing wrong with this place. It was clean and comfortable and extremely reasonably priced. The plumbing, a/c, etc all worked well and I can't think of another thing I would expect from a budget category hotel/motel. If you're riding the C&O Canal Towpath/Great Allegheny Passage this is a perfectly good place to spend the night. The poor reviews were way off the mark based on what I observed. Our group had a total of five rooms and no one voiced any complaints. Everyone seemed satisfied with the choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
#15 of 21 in Hagerstown
Courtyard Hagerstown
Courtyard Hagerstown
#10 of 21 in Hagerstown

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD? Share your experiences!