“average red roof”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williamsport
Orlando, Florida
“average red roof”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

In town for golf tournament! Stayed for a week with 2 dogs. They are charged extra for second dog! Never had a red roof do that before. Lady at check in double charged my credit card by accident. When i told her she was not apologetic! Had to call my bank to get charges taken off. Room was small but clean. Strange characters staying next to us. Hanging outside room! Not a great place to walk dogs. There are schools behind hotel to walk them but most areas say no dogs allowed. Is close to bike towpath. Not many places to eat near hotel. Do have amazing donuts in lobby in the a.m! Overpriced for run down motel! But it is maryland and its as good as you can do if on a budget!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

For the money ($55), it's a nice room. The sink is quite nice, the Sony Trinitron TV isn't flat but it is as good a picture as most LCDs, and the beds are comfy enough. Wendy at the front desk was extremely friendly and direct - even inquiring about what I thought of the room upon checking in. I told her it was great. Well, it isn't perfect, but it's decent. In either case, I can say that she is a front desk person I'd trust!

I used to be a housekeeper, and I realize that I can be overly picky. So I'm reviewing this hotel from the perspective of a housekeeper. There were a couple problems - the door had a coffee stain (or something) and it should have been cleaned up but is something that's easy to miss. Additionally, the carpet is just ooold. It was clean on my feet, but from an angle you can see it is heavily stained from many years of coffee spills and chinese takeout accidents and whatnot. Well-cleaned but end-of-life. But, really, if you are paying $50 or so for a room, what do you expect? For me, this is what I expect, so 4 of 5 stars.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

These people were so nice when I called to make the reservation and so nice during our stay! The outside of the hotel looks worn and there were people standing all over outside, which was strange, but the inside of the lobby and rooms seem to have been updated within the past year or so. Our room was pretty clean, bedding was clean, but the carpet and doors need to be replaced. I can't complain, really, $55 for 1 night and they allow pets! I usually try to stay at red roof inns and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and very comfortable. It looked like the room was just updated. It would have been nice to have a flat screen tv and if the AC worked better. The hotel has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I would definately stay here again. The continental breakfast sucked they had the worst donuts I have ever eaten.

• Stayed June 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here a few months ago I was against staying at this motel. I was willing to ride my bike into Hagerstown to get to another option rather than try this one. Just before we left on our biking trip from Pittsburgh to DC I checked the reviews again and they seemed much better. The rest of the group wanted to try this one because it's close to the trail and very reasonably priced so I agreed. What a great decision it was. There was nothing wrong with this place. It was clean and comfortable and extremely reasonably priced. The plumbing, a/c, etc all worked well and I can't think of another thing I would expect from a budget category hotel/motel. If you're riding the C&O Canal Towpath/Great Allegheny Passage this is a perfectly good place to spend the night. The poor reviews were way off the mark based on what I observed. Our group had a total of five rooms and no one voiced any complaints. Everyone seemed satisfied with the choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while biking the C&O canal towpath. It's close enough to ride to the trail ! Rooms are fairly large, clean, and comfortable. They let us keep our camping trailer in the parking lot during our stay (no convenient camping nearby). Breakfast was basically only doughnuts... but fantastic ones ! Some local place made them, I don't usually eat doughnuts but these were great. Ate a couple doughnuts, then across the street to 'the arches' to finish off breakfast. (gotta have the calories for the biking).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WJRAL
Morris, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whilst traveling between Florida & New York, we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Williamsport, MD. It was by far and away the cleanest hotel we have stayed in on our many trips between the north and south. The price was very reasonable - (we found it in a coupon book at the welcome center when entering the state). Easy on and off Route 81. Also, there is an excellent Italian restaurant directly across the street (there is also a Chinese restaurant that we were told was very good, although we opted for Italian). We will definately stay there again.
I can't comment on the pool or fitness center, since we didn't use them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Courtyard Hagerstown
Courtyard Hagerstown
#9 of 21 in Hagerstown

Been to Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD? Share your experiences!