Red Roof Inn Hagerstown - Williamsport, MD
Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area(Hagerstown)(Great Value!)
$59
Motel 6 Martinsburg(Martinsburg)
$60
$76
QualityInn
All reviewswaffle housethe red roof inncanal towpathbed was comfortablebudget hotelovernight stopwould stay here againfirst floornight's restveterans discountanother guesteasy accessharpers ferrytvplugs
Reviewed October 9, 2011

If you are looking for a place to stay in a budget price range, you will have a hard time beating the Red Roof Inn in Williamsport, MD. We booked it as a stop-over on our way to Virginia in October and we amazed at how neat, clean and well kept up. We have been hard pressed lately to find a place of this quality in this price range.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful and made us feel welcome. The bed was comfortable and pillows were actually pillows. Don't expect luxurious accomodations but you will, no doubt be satisfied.

My high rating for this motel was based on what I expected and have seen in this price range and not as it would compare to higher priced accomodations.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor over the guest facilities.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wizzard_Man
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at Red Roof Inns recently because of their pet friendly policy. We stayed at this location on Sept 20. I thought the room was exceptionally clean. It was a truly a nonsmoking room with no unpleasant odors. The bathroom was also exceptionally clean with a nice shower. The room did have a fridge and a microwave as well as a good size tv. The only negative I would say about the property was the breakfast. It was simply coffee, tea, hot chocolate and donuts. Very unimaginative.
The rate for the room was very good and we had a promo for a 15% senior citizen discount.
We will stay here again any time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here July 1-3 to visit family in the area. The room was clean and a good deal for the money. The only thing was that all the room came with was the bed, tv, dresser and desk...there was no microwave, fridge and not even a coffee maker. We didn't make a fuss over it because we weren't there except to sleep. The staff was kind enough to hold our room because we ended up being a later check-in than we had expected.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nfarrown
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I thought this would be a convenient one night stay while on the road between NC and NY. I selected Red Roof Inn because of it's pet friendly policy. What a mistake!

Though the front desk receptionist was very pleasant, the room was terrible! The bad smell was immediately apparent as I opened the door. Then I saw the bed (2 double beds). The box spring was torn and exposed, because, for some reason, the quilt had been turned down (see pic). Adding even more to this bad experience, I pulled out the desk chair to use my laptop and saw that the seat was ripped (see pic)

Was this damage and poor maintenance a result of their pet policy? Is this what I could expect at Red Roof Inns just because I travel with my very well behaved dog?

I recommend that you keep driving right past this motel and find a clean, well-kept room elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stopped here on my way north on the C&O canal. It was definitely a hike to get there from the trail, but the roads were not overly busy. The staff was moderately friendly but everything else about the stay was great. For a nice clean room, I would recommend this.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo