“Cozy Bistro”

Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Williamsport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is one our favorite places in our area ~ the staff is always accomodating and friendly. They have done a great job decorating with such a small place but then that lends to the warm atmosphere. The menu has a variety of offerings and the hardest part is deciding on which way you want to go ~ we love their seafood ~ this night we had filet mignon and it was fabulous. Pasta dishes are great also. Black Eyed Susan is a little jewel that shines brightly every time we have been there!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Interesting menu, good food. Venue a bit cramped but okay. Wait staff seems harried at times. But I go back!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have been to The Black Eyed Susan a few times now. Each time the food was fresh, the specials were enticing, and the service was wonderful! The everyday menu includes items for people with dietery needs like Gluten-Free or Vegetarian. The specials include Seasonal items served in delicious ways. I really enjoyed the Seafood Pasta which is loaded with Shrimp, Mussels, Scallops and Crab. I've tried it with both the red sauce and the white sauce. I just can't decide which I like more! They've added a little twist to the Caesar Salad using cheesy crisps. Delicious! The Short Ribs are great, and the pan roasted Salmon with roasted mushrooms and wild rice are perfect every time. The drink menu is full of interesting choices. The only thing lacking is the wine list. Call ahead for reservations. They may be closed if they have a Catering job, and it is a small, cozy place that fills up during prime time. A great find off the beaten path!