“Great for the kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsport
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I had a great time my only downfall was the cabin was not clean. There were stink bugs everywhere in the cabin and it wasn't very clean even the shower had Marks in it like it wasn't wiped other then that we had a blast.

• Stayed: May 2014
JellystoneM, Public Relations Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

We're happy to hear you had a great time, Jess. We're sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience with the cleanliness of your cabin, and we will take your review into consideration with improving our accommodations. We always recommend that if you are unsatisfied with something like cleanliness, you bring it to the attention of management while you are on-site so that the problem can be resolved and give you a more comfortable stay. We hope you will give us a second chance and visit us again soon. Please "like" our Facebook page for updates on specials, themed weekends and activities.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Always a wonderful experience. Noticed a lot of improvements which was nice. We can't wait for the new store to open. We did notice the bears were more available then in years past. the staff as always was excellent. This is one of our favorite places to vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014

We're glad to hear that we are one of your favorite places to vacation, Carrie! We are excited for the new store to open up too, you'll have to come back and visit us when it's open. We hope to see you again soon and please "like" our Facebook page for updates, specials and themed weekend announcements.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

There is something for everyone to do! I am a beginner camper and I stayed for 7 nights. The first 3 nights were just me and my 3 year old. Later other family came to stay for a few days, and the last night my husband came to help me get home.

Everyone had a great time even the first time campers with me. The staff were very helpful and really friendly. There are so many activities that if you miss one there will be another soon. It's so close to home I plan to make this my family vacation spot for a long time. It's a perfect way to leave the rat race behind.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
JellystoneM, Public Relations Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about your experience. We are committed to create a friendly camping environment, and we are excited to hear that you had some first time campers in your group! We hope you will visit us again soon, and please visit our Facebook page for updates, themed weekend announcements and specials.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My two sisters and I rented three two-bedroom cabins right next to each other during Easter weekend (cabins 37, 38 and 39). Our giant party of kids, adults and grandparents had a GREAT time. The pluses:

*there is a lot to do. Favorites: jumping pillow, LAZER TAG (huge fun for the men and boys and 13 year old girl in our group), pedal carts (like go-carts only you pedal them on a track that is, truthfully, pretty run down), minigolf (clean and well-maintained but not particularly challenging) and playgrounds. Also, my kids are super enamored with just riding around in the expensive golf carts we rent :) If you stay in those two bedroom cabins (37,38 or 39), the golf carts help because you are at the top of a pretty steep hill.

*cabins were nice - a/c and heat worked (we needed both), hot water in the shower, beds were comfortable

*staff is almost entirely friendly, eager to help

*even though it was Easter Weekend and completely full, it didn't FEEL full. The egg hunts were manageable, things weren't ever spoiled by crowds

*lots of wood behind the cabins for our giant evening fires

*the C&O canal towpath is a six minute drive away! Great for a getaway to hike/walk/bike. Antietam battlefield is really nearby also

downsides:
*when you look at the campground map, it looks like our cabins are next to woods, at the end of a road. Nope. We are right next to the giant Maintanance facility so carts of workers were driving by ALL. THE. TIME.

*there really are a ton of people there - I can imagine the pools and waterslides could get crowded, they pack people really deep in the campsites

*only one basketball hoop in the entire place - the court didn't even have two hoops! It was always overcrowded with older teenagers so my pre-teen boys never felt comfortable playing even though they wanted to

Overall, we were super pleased with our experience. This was our second Jellystone vacation (we've already done the one in Natural Bridge, VA) and we would absolutely do it again.

Room Tip: I'd look at the GPS satellite map of the park before choosing a site - I wish I had
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for letting us know about the experience you had staying with us. We are so glad to hear that you had a great time with your family and that you enjoyed Easter weekend. Commitment to providing the best camping experience possible is something we value, and we will take your opinion into consideration with future amenity upgrades. We hope you will come visit us again soon and be sure to check out our Facebook page for updates, themed weekends and specials.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I am not an outdoorsy, camping type of person so this "resort" campground was a compromise. They call it a "resort" campground which just means it has more comforts than regular camping. I have to say that I really enjoyed myself and my 5 year old son and 3 year old nephew had a blast!

Our little Cozy Cabin was more secluded than the rest of the cabins so it was quiet and our kids had plenty of space to play away from traffic. When I say cozy I mean cozy! One room with a double bed, bunk bed, refrigerator, and a TV about the size of my laptop screen. Thank goodness it didn't rain until we left. I can't imagine being stuck in there with kids all day. The bathroom has the smallest shower I've ever been in and it's not ideal for little ones. I ended up washing them up at the sink. The fire pit does not have a cooking grate so be sure to bring one. They should inform guests about this on the website. Overall, it was clean and just what we needed.

There are a lot of activities offered including mini golf, laser tag, pedal cars, game room, jumping pillow and multiple playgrounds. The activities are okay for little kids but I imagine teenagers would get bored with them quickly. They have golf carts available to rent but its really not necessary. The campground is not that big that you can't walk where you need to go.

The BIGGEST negative: On their website it says that you can enjoy the facilities while you wait for the 3:00 check in time. However when we arrived at 11:00, we were given a hard time. They kept throwing their $25 early check in fee in my face even though I was not interested in checking into the cabin yet. I just wanted to let my kids play! I don't understand why there would be an extra charge to check into the cabin if it is ready anyway. Especially when we are already paying $100 per day to stay there. I didn't appreciate being nickel and dimed and it wasn't a good first impression. They may want to reconsider this policy as it is not customer friendly and not typical in the hospitality industry.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
JellystoneM, Public Relations Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our park and also address your concerns. We understand that with multiple guests our Cozy Cabin a family can feel snug, but we do try to accommodate for the best outdoor activity experience possible. With indoor activities like a game room and crafts, we hope that on a rainy day you wouldn't feel stuck inside your cabin and still able to enjoy amenities. Our check in policy is as follows, from the website: "Early arrival and late departure presents you with the opportunity to use the facilities while you await your normal check in time, or to continue to use them past your normal check out time. If your cabin or campsite is ready prior to the actual check in time, we are glad to extend that added bonus to you and your family for a nominal $25.00 fee for the whole family." We are sorry if you felt there was miscommunication on our policy. Some amenities cannot accommodate many extra people which is why this policy is in place. We will use your comments and concerns to continue making our park better for campers in the future. Please "like" us on Facebook to stay updated on specials, themed weekends and new activities. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We (my husband, 6 year old, and me) went the last weekend of September with two other families for Halloween activities and camped in a primitive site. Bathrooms and showers were clean. All activities ran smoothly and good times we're had by all. The only comment would be a big utility sink by the bathrooms for dish washing for us tent campers would be nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JellystoneM, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for writing about your Halloween Weekend stay at Jellystone, Maryland. We are glad that you and your family had such a fun time camping here! Your concern about the utility sink for tent campers will be brought up to management. See you next season!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

People here are very friendly- they always take you to your spot- It is very well kept- Very quiet place- They are very nice in the office- There are plenty of Yogi Bear Characters around- It is very close to everything that you need in the way of Food, Beverages, gas, Clubs etc.

Room Tip: Call in advance to ask about spots
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing a review about Jellystone, Maryland. It sounds like you have a great experience every time you stay with us! We'll see you next season!

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown? Share your experiences!