“Very nice... very expensive”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsport
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hagerstown
Buffalo, New York
“Very nice... very expensive”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked this 2 night stay last minute and the reservation person, over the phone, was very helpful in finding us a site. Check-in was excellent! They checked us in at the front gate- didn't even have to get out of the truck. Friendly staff member escorted us to out site and made sure we got the camper in OK before he left. TONS for the kids (7 and 12 y.o. boys) to do! The waterslides were a big hit and the lines never got too long (staying on a Wed. and Thurs. night may have played a part in that). There was laser tag, a bounce pillow, go karts (that you had to pedal - great exercise), mini golf... and more! There was also a big price tag to do all of those things - an extra $9/ person/ day added to the cost of the site. We didn't mind for the 2 days; we figured a hotel would have cost as much and THEN we would have had to pay for all the extras + meals. We also rented a golf cart for the full day we were there and that was fun. Bathrooms and showers were pretty clean. The campground itself was clean too. The boys liked going to the family friendly movie shown on the big movie screen after dark. WiFi was down d/t a storm that had previously passed through but saw that they were working on fixing that - even talked to the manager (I think he was the manager) who was driving around checking on it. Overall... very clean, friendly staff, didn't mind the price for our short stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KtFly

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I've been here before and I'll be back. It's not perfect but my sons love all the activities. Laser tag, disc golf, scavenger hunts, water slides, jumping pillow, fun stuff. We always stay in a cabin and enjoy it. I think all the people complaining about the cost of things and hidden fees are just not paying attention. It's clear on the web site what things cost including the daily recreation fee. If you think it's too much, stay some place else. If you don't want to pay extra for the arts and crafts, don't pay. You don't eat dinner at Bennegan's and grouse because it costs more than McDonalds. I've had no problem with the staff. Some people are less chatty than others but nobody has been what I'd call rude. The camp store was a little sparse when I was there and what they did have was expensive to me. My biggest complaints are the mini golf, which is in bad shape, the roads are a little rutted and the water tastes off. Overall I found it relaxing and worth every penny.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bg68ec
Williamsport, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Have been staying at Yogi in Williamsport for years, each year the staff gets more rude and prices go up :( Lifeguards are busy flirting with each other, water wars staff (two teenage girls) sit at the picnic table on their phones while little kids are supposed to make their own water balloons..the mom behind me asked if they were going to help and they said "no, we are not supposed to"...really? you are being paid to text.....we were told by not one but two adult staff members (a man and a woman with red spiked hair) arriving on seperate golf carts at the same time to our campsite and being very rude to move my ground mat from "their" grass and while I am at it to tell the campers beside me to move their vehicle (two tires) out of the grass when they return. In shock I shook my head and walked away but probably should have told them to gang up on them when the get back like they did me. Meanwhile the campsite across from us had all four tires of their vehicle parked in "their" grass and they never once for the 5 days said a word to them. We were going to rent a golf cart but figured we would save our 60 odd dollars a night because where would we park it, didn't want to get ganged up on again if we happened into the grass. We went to tiedye t-shirts which we have done at least twice a year for 4 years, we bring our own shirts but were told this year that we would have to pay 3.71 per tshirt to cover the cost of using "their" dye....oh my for 8bucks I could have purchased enough dye to do shirts every week of summer vacation....Summing it up it seems the theme here is you as a paying guest are invading "their" space and they being the staff don't want you there. As for the person who stated that the pool was crowded due to day passes we will second that because the one day we were there 3 busses of summer camps came in and we had to wait in lines a lot longer for water slides and water wars....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura G
Leonardtown, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed for 3 days and on day 1 already there were problems. The reservation process is ridiculous, can't get anyone then it was messed up. On arrival our campsite was wrong and in a horrible spot. They did remedy it. The facilities were filthy, there was stool smeared in bathrooms and some smelled like sewage was baking up. Not much to do for these "per person charges" and it was so crowded because they allow people day passes so you couldn't do anything in the pool except stand there. I was yelled at for "speeding" in my golf cart that I paid $60 nite for. It didn't rain while we were there however they had massive potholes full of muddy water that you couldn't even go around to get by them. The ice cream/food shop was a good amenity.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank aremites
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have camped here numerous times during the past 5 years and I have enjoyed each experience. We often take guests with us - sometimes adults and sometimes kids - and our guests have always enjoyed themselves as well. My daughter is 15 and this is her favorite campground to bring her friends along too. We always stay in the preferred section close to the pool. We stayed in the newer section our first time and didn't like it quite as much because it's further away from the pool and wasn't as well landscaped. The campground is well maintained and is quite relaxing. We use a motorhome and I'm not sure what their restrooms/showers are like.

1 Thank Monica P
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this campground! We found the camp sites to be a decent size and equipped with a fire ring and a picnic table. Warning, all sites are gravel based, so bring a tarp and a good hammer for your tent stakes! Things are pretty spread out and the roads are rough. Only the main road is paved, so scooters and training wheels not a good idea. Plan to do some walking if you pick a site away from the attractions. You don't have to get very far away from them to be out of the noise and crowd; if you're not right around the pool, etc, it's peaceful enough.

Bathrooms and showers are reasonably clean and pleasant; enough hot water, and separate shower and dressing area for each stall, which is nice. Camp store on site has long hours and everything you could possibly have forgotten, at non-gouging prices. The staff were all very friendly, available and helpful.

We had wristbands, and we did everything on site, no problems. We didn't do the Sniggle Hunt or the crafts, which cost extra, but they looked like fun. The pool was a bit crowded, but it was fine. Line for the tube slide was about five minutes, the kids loved the slides. I wouldn't plan on lunch at the snack shop. The wait was long for pizza or wings, and the food was just so-so. But snacks, drinks, and munchies are available at the camp store and the snack shop.

We enjoyed it a lot, we will return.

Room Tip: Sites fronting the pool and craft store WILL be noisy and hectic. RV sites in Eagles Nest Loop are...