“4 Hour Kayak class”

Ultimate Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The BEST water sports on the Chesapeake Bay! Choose from hundreds of Stand Up Paddle Boards (SUPs), kayaks, windsurfers, sailboats and more. Lessons, rentals, tours, summer camps, Company Beach Parties and Team Building Events. Since 1985, no one has a better selection, cleaner water or better customer service, GUARANTEED.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The 4 hour sea kayak course taught by Missy and Mike was awesome. The instructors were great and I learned a lot from them. I can honestly say that after taking the course I feel more comfortable and confident about my kayak skills. I was very impressed in how flexible they were to adjust the course to address the needs/fears of the students. I would highly recommend them to anyone wants to improve and learn kayaking skills.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friends and I just attended the first SUP Yoga Fitness class of the year this past Saturday and it was excellent! After a short lesson on how to do standup paddle boarding from Tyler, we enjoyed a beautiful morning paddle, with our yoga instructor, Colleen, pointing out interesting birds. An hour of yoga on our boards, with plenty of encouragement and giggles, finished with Colleen reading a poem as we rested in corpse pose (chavasana). After another paddle around the inlet, we arrived back at the beach just in time for the morning rush to take their kayaks and boards out on the water. It was the perfect way to spend a relaxing Saturday morning. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys nature and meditative exercise, even if you are a novice to both (we were all new to paddle boarding).

1  Thank Hana B
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have kept meaning to write a review- I discovered UW two years ago and regularly go windsurfing. The staff and equipment are great, and the rates are so reasonable. They have kayaks and hobies too. My wife and kids- and parents- have gone kayaking and really enjoyed it. The bay is beautiful, wide and safe at this point. Cannot recommend them enough. The public beach has shade and swimming and barbecue pits, and must also be one of the best kept secrets.

1  Thank joelpoz
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We rented a Hobie cat from the Hammerman area and the person that rigged the boat was very rude. When we got there he became disgruntled that he had to rig another boat and asked us why we couldn't have arrived 20 minutes earlier. This was rhetoric of course since we arrived at 4:10 (well before the closing time of 6:00 pm and before 5:00 pm when they will last rent out equipment). My husband said he called and the girl who answered said boats were still available. The person who we returned to the equipment to was very nice. However, this same rude person was at the cash register to give us back our credit card and said he normally would have charged us for the extra hour. If he had said this politely, this would have been fine, but again he was rude. We mentioned that the girl who was working the register only charged us for the one hour because by the time we qualified to take the boat out and got underway she said we'd really only have an hour sailing time. As it was we had the boat out one hour and 20 minutes. So the rude person said "Didn't I get you out on the boat immediately after you were qualified?" I said we weren't trying to argue with him. We just mentioned what we were told and we didn't ask to be charged for only 1 hour. In sum, we were put off by his rude manner when we first showed up and then by his rudeness when we returned. The sailing was great, but this person should not be involved in customer service.

2  Thank Otter354
Reviewed May 7, 2010

For the last 5 years I have rented kayaks from Ultimate Watersports and have always had a great time (excluding the occasion fly or mosquito bites). The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Plus the selection of great kayaks has fulfilled my eagerness to buy one!

Paddlefest 2010 was a great time!

1  Thank lmilburn