“Thanks from a Curious Guest”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
“Thanks from a Curious Guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently found out about the Home2 Suites group because some friends and I were planning a trip to Philadelphia for a conference and trying to find something near the convention center. Naturally we stumbled across the Home2 Suites location there which is currently slated to open the end of August. Our trip is the end of January (2014) so we took a risk and booked a few rooms. Well, as much of a risk as it can be from two girls who are die-hard Hilton brand fans.

My friend and I were still a little unsure about the accomodations (was there enough room for everyone, what did it look like, etc.), so when my friend, who lives in New York, came for a visit, we called the Home2 Suites location near me to ask if we could possibly see one of the rooms. We were told they had a room available that we could check out, so we left her hotel (a Hampton Inn up the street) and headed over.

Once we arrived, we were immediately impressed by the decor in the lobby. We were also greeted by Kristen, who my friend also spoke with on the phone. Kristen let us into a room so that we could see exactly what we could expect from the Home2 Suites brand. Considering this room wasn't planning on being used and we were shown it with little notice on their part, I was extremely impressed by how clean and fresh the room, bathroom, and kitchenette were.

We came back out and chatted with Kristen for a bit about the hotel and were immediately impressed. Not only did she show us a room, she was extremely informative about the new hotels telling us how many locations currently existed and how many were planned, unique features about the hotels and what to expect from a stay.

My friend and I left feeling so much better (and so excited) for our upcoming stay, and that was mainly thanks to Kristen. I've worked in customer service for over a decade and I know how valuable an employee is that not only knows her brand, can make customers feel secure in their choices, and can also go above and beyond to win over potential customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dover, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great, lovely new hotel. We had family staying at this hotel and the service was wonderful and the location is good and loved the outside with the lovely fire going when we came in at night. The rooms are very good size with a sleep sofa, the breakfast was good but the hours could be extended some as they close down at 9.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Ashburn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nice stay. The room is very well equipped with sink, fridge and microwave. There is a fire pit on the outdoor patio that will be great in cooler weather. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast bar is convenient.

Morristown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hilton's Home 2 Suite Hotel is there newest Brand. With only three prototype locations in Maryland their national experience is limited. If you get an opportunity traveling through Maryland or other venues when Hiltons expands their footprint it is a high value experience worth trying.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Rome, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wonderful furnishings, bright, cheery, clean lines. Clean, fresh smelling. Great mattresses. I would definitely look for another Home 2 Suites when traveling. Only con was expense of bringing my dog along. $75 for the dog fee. Nice though that such great accommodations allowed dogs.

Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I arrived around dinner time and was exhausted. Checking in was pleasant and smooth. The man working front desk (David) was very helpful with telling me good places to go around that area. I will be returning again in the near future.

I wish the breakfast was more of a variety. Other then that nothing else to say about home2 white marsh.

• Stayed July 2013
Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I want to be very clear when I say the hotel is beautiful. The entire grounds were clean, fresh, and the decor was wonderful. The staff were bad at best. We asked for additional pillows and are still waiting on them. The lifegaurd refused to remove a dog from the pool area, and when we first check in the only greeting we got was " how many?" I thought she was kidding at first but knew what I was dealing with when she didn't make eye contact even after getting my credit card, license, and HILTON HONORS MEMBER GOLD MEMBERSHIP CARD. Now that I think about it, why should that matter. Our loyalty to the HHonhors membership has only come through excellent service and this hotel was à major major let down. I'd come back in hopes of immediate improvement but that would be the only reason. Last time I checked marriot and wyndam both offer reward programs.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near White Marsh
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh
Residence Inn Baltimore White Marsh
WoodSpring Suites Baltimore White Marsh
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!