“I like a brand new hotel!”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in White Marsh
“I like a brand new hotel!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I think my check in guy told me this hotel opened in March of 2013...it is a pleasure to stay in a brand new hotel...everything is crisp, fresh and new! This hotel has a nice feel when you walk in...bright colors and a modern feel. This is a place you can spread out and stay for a few days without feeling closed in. The rooms all have the Ikea type furniture...which makes me question if it will hold up with the test of time. A continental breakfast was offered in the morn. It is very reasonably priced for the quality. Nothing is in walking distance but a small town center with some nice shopping and restaurants are a short drive. I did have two long black hairs on the shower curtain and a few more on the bathroom tiles... not pleasant. (I am blond). I like that this is part of the Hilton chain and I get my Hilton points! I am a diamond member...but was given a room on the 2nd floor and looked at the roof of the over hang to the pool area. That was not a good view. Still...I enjoyed my stay...those were only a few minor things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
gaines
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is very clean, quiet and comfortable. I has a very professional feel, yet also friendly. The full kitchen was awesome ... I stayed for a full week and it was nice to have some "home" comforts. The bed is very comfortable and the room was quiet and dark.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GraceS269, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
The Home2 Suites Baltimore/White Marsh team appreciates your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your visit to our new hotel.Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness and comfort we offer to our guests. The blackout shades are one of my favorite features in our suites; they are great for travelers who need to sleep during the day.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Baltimore/ White Marsh area!

Your s in Hospitality,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice hotel but the staff are terrible. They knock on your door at 8am to let you know of checkout 3 hours before? Then they call you right after that. On top of that they allow outsiders to use their facilities and cause a ruckus preventing people from sleeping.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TNY718
We appreciate your feedback of your recent visit to our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disruptions you experienced while staying with us. Our goal is to provide a quiet, comfortable, clean suite and excellent customer service to all guests; regretfully we missed our mark with you. I would love to discuss this further to see what we can do to make this right for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience if you would like to discuss the events that occurred during your visit. I look forward to hearing from you.

410-933-1010 ext. 5000
Grace.Scott@Hilton.com
High Point, NC, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I tried this hotel as a Hilton Honors member because of location and price. I usually stay at a Hilton Garden Inn when in the area but the rates were higher than usual so I tried this hotel I was very impressed with the room--very spacious and the bed was very comfortable, I was able to entertain a friend and even provide some snacks and drinks thanks to the kitchen area. The hotel was very new so everything was pristine. I hope it stays this way! It was quiet but I was at the end of a hall so I am not sure how it would be if there was someone in the room next door. Great value for the price compared to HGI where I usually stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for giving our Home2 Suites Baltimore White Marsh a try, we appreciate your feedback. How wonderful to hear that you were impressed with your suite and found the bed to be very comfortable. Home2 Suites is designed to offer complimentary yet smart amenities such as our continental breakfast to keep price down for our guests. We're pleased you found our hotel to be a "great value". Please be sure to stay with us on your next visit to the Baltimore/White Marsh area.

Parker, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been a Hilton Honors Gold/Diamond member for the past 10 years, but this is my first stay at a Home2. This one must be brand-new, but its well run and my room was spotless. I stayed here on my way North to meet my daughter for a College visit. I might see if we can manage to drive this far Monday night so we can stay here again. The rooms are spacious with a nice desk/work area in addition to the TV and a dressing area. My room had a king bed and a sleeper sofa. The "kitchen" has an oversize microwave/steam oven, a dishwasher and a fridge, and there is a sign that you can ask for a portable cook-top to be brought to the room if you want to cook meals. There are dishes/glasses for 6 people, and there are families cooking burgers or steaks on the Hotel provided gas-grills outside by the pool. It would be a very comfortable place to spend a week or two while on assignment, but it was very nice for an overnight stay. The area around the Hotel seems like a new and growing commercial area, so at the moment there are not any restaurants that I can see within walking distance, but there is a shopping mall with many options just a 5 minute drive away.

The people who checked me in could not have been more friendly, nor more professional. This hotel is a credit to the Hilton Chain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GraceS269, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and service offered here at Home2 Suites Baltimore/White Marsh. All suites are designed keeping convenience and comfort in mind, from the movable desk, to the ample storage and the nicely equipped kitchens. The induction ovens are a favorite with many of our guests who prefer to prepare a meal in their suite. Sounds like we had just what you needed and more for a comfortable overnight stay.

Make your wish come true and stay with us multiple nights during your next visit to the White Marsh area! Our friendly team is looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First time at a Home2. It's an extended stay sort of environment that is just fine for a single night. I enjoyed it and will add the chain to my repertoire.

Their cleaning policy is posted on the mirror: They will do light cleaning each day and a thorough cleaning after your 5th night if you stay that long. They won't clean on weekends unless requested (assuming I read the sign correctly). I like the policy; it makes sense for a week's stay.

First the Cons for the White Marsh location:
The bathroom is a bit small; you have to step to the side to get the door closed and into the shower. However, the shower was a nice walk-in that was easy to use (but not great for bathing kids if that's needed).
There is poor noise insulation - I could hear neighbors close their blinds, walking in hallway, and children whining nearby. The room was generally quiet but I'm concerned that it was quiet because not that many rooms were occupied.

Pros (many more than cons):
nice rolling desk/table that can be moved out into the room
large work surfaces (other than the desk) for sorting or storing
blackout blinds that roll down, not curtains that won't close properly
many lights - I count eight including the kitchen area

Pros for the kitchen:
A nicely appointed kitchen for a suite-style hotel (dishes and flatware plus some cookware, toaster, cooking utensils, etc.).
Appliances include dishwasher, disposer, and mid-sized refrigerator with bottom freezer.
Also, an induction cooktop and skillet are available from front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough review of your visit to our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have added Home2 Suites to your repertoire. Thank you for noting your pros and cons to give a clear idea of what your experience was like. I am certain your review will be very helpful to travelers shopping for a place to stay in the White Marsh area. We are looking into the noise insulation to see where improvements can be made to ensure a quiet suite for all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights April 12-14. Modern concept hotel, very nice. King suite had one of the most comfortable beds ever in a hotel. Full kitchen. large tv, lots of storage areas. Free laundry in gym area. Good room temp control. Very quiet room, great nights sleep. Good wi-fi (free). Fair tv channel selection. Only cons for us - breakfast area could use more selections, and more seating. No shuttle to nearby shopping. Front desk staff made note of that - they're looking for suggestions as they experience growing pains. Has indoor pool, but no jacuzzi. Staff very friendly. Overall best hotel in area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GraceS269, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore/White Marsh are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our brand new hotel! I agree the beds are extremely comfortable and rooms are quiet. Thank you for mentioning all the things that made your stay great. It is an honor to be thought of as “the best hotel in the area”. Our team is definitely open to all feedback to help us live up to that title and will take all “cons” mentioned into consideration.

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Baltimore/White Marsh area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Marsh
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh
WoodSpring Suites Baltimore White Marsh
Residence Inn Baltimore White Marsh
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh? Share your experiences!