Madonna Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in White Hall
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and I just returned from Madonna Seafood. We have passed by this place a hundred times and this was our first time. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the restaurant was when we entered because from the road, it looks like a dive. We ordered all you can eat for us and our 2 children (they are 6 and 7 years of age and it was $15.95/per child, yikes). When we got the crabs, they looked great but when you ate them, they were horrible. They were all either reheated or sat awhile before being cooked. I thought it would only be a few, but it was 99% of them. Tasted fishy and were paper thin. Yuck, Yuck!! Bill was over a hundred dollars for a horrible meal!! Don't waste your money

3  Thank jen m

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have Madonna Seafood restaurant on speed dial. I will often call in for take out or order their steamed crabs - the best in the area. They have a full menu but I always order the mixed seafood trio, crab cake, scallops and shrimp with 2 sides for around $22. The food is excellent! I have never been disappointed. This is where I take my friends and they have loved the food also.
The restaurant is nicely done but it is basic with little frills. It's clean with excellent food at great prices. In fact, I am going there tonight.

2  Thank Patty V
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I read favorable reviews about this place before we went, so I was excited about our dinner out. The people who's reviews I read, must have gone to a different restaurant. The server was inattentive and rude at best. after she brought our drinks, we were ignored, closed menus in front of us, for 10 minutes before our order was taken. Even though she didn't have any problems serving tables around us. My wife got the shrimp scampi pasta dish. It had no flavor at all, and the flavorless sauce was ingorantly dumped onto the pasta which was already old and soggy. My broccoli smelled like it was steamed with the crabs, and the bbq chicken that I ordered was bland and horribly over priced. When we told the server about our issues, she rolled her eyes, and asked if we wanted something else. We passed. When we got the bill, the server had taken the wrong meal off the check. What a waste of money, and we will never return to that restaurant. I am surprised that they are still in business.

1  Thank crystl01
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Our service was very good, but was disappointed they didn't use fresh Maryland crabmeat with their crabcakes. They could have been a little better, we make much better at home very simply. Wine is a little overpriced for the low quality. Place is very clean and pleasant dining. We went with a few other friends and they wouldn't give us separate checks. That shouldn't be a problem with just 6 people at our table and just 2 other people dining. Will not go back for this reason, ridiculous. Owner needs to re-evaluate his policy. They also stopped serving breakfast recently. Stopped by another time to buy a pound of shrimp salad for carryout. Got it home and it appeared to be very old. Shrimp was hard and the sauce was very gooey. Threw it away.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were very impressed as first time diners at the restaurant. The atmosphere was OK, but the food quality was superb.

1  Thank chuckwebb1201