“One of the best choices in the area.”

Los Chorros Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: American, Latin, Mexican, Salvadoran
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Out of the many options available in the area. This is by far one of the best ones if you appreciate home made food. I usually go on Saturday for lunch. The food and the service is excellent. What I like best is that I can get quality food at an affordable price.

1  Thank Roberto D

Reviewed August 5, 2012

You have to walk down to the basement level to enjoy this hidden gem. There fish dishes are excellent. Traditional dishes are great, don't be afraid to ask for recommendations.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

On the 1st of August, a friend & I went for drinks & dinner. We sat at the bar, had couple of drinks, chips & salsa...then order dinner. We decided for fried yucca with fried pork, or at least that's what I thought. We got a pile of fried yucca & 4 one inch pieces of pork...this was listed as an entree, not an appetizer. I asked if they had dipping sauce, ans as they didn't I asked for some Mayo & ketchup to fix the sauce myself. The waiter came right away with the Mayo in a small bowl & a practically full bottle of ketchup. I proceeded to removed the cap from the ketchup bottle & immediately heard & felt an explosion. Following the explosion, I was covered in fermented ketchup; my arms, my shirt, pants, my friend's shirt & even my food! We all were in shock! The waiter was worried & tried to clean the areas as well as our clothes, he also ordered a replacement for my meal. At the time to pay the owner's son instructed the waitress taking care of us at that time to offer us a discount for the inconvenience & damaged pieces of clothing.
We feel offended & disrespected by the discount of $7.00 offered. We paid, expressed our discontent with the waitress, while the owner's son was nearby, but were never approached by him; not to offer an apology, not at all! The payment was made with a credi card, I made the purpose to write an explicit comment on the merchant's copy, besides even posting pictures of my damaged top on Facebook.
Moral of the story is...accidents happen, but what you do or not after them could make your business successful or a ghost town.

Do not sponsor Los Chorros rest, a Salvadorean business where besides being so cheap, they don't think twice before disrespecting their clientele.

1  Thank Joy Paz
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is cosy, consistent, and has tasty food in reasonable portions and prices. Many speciality Mexican and Central American dishes, as well as standard Mex fare. A good bet for a family dinner.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Been here many times; never disappointed. Terrific pupsas.We usually get enchiladas because they are consistently good. Rice and beans are well done too. Their fajita treatment is different from others I'm used to; it's not bad, but not my taste--tomatoey. Very good service and good for couples through fairly large groups. Carry out too.