“Nice Little Surprise!”

Costa Ventosa Vineyard & Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Ventosa ("Windy Coast" in Italian) Vineyards & Winery is a fun spirited winery located just minutes from Ocean City, MD. Our Tasting Room is bright and cheerful, our vineyard beautiful, and our front porch is the place to see and be seen on the Eastern Shore of MD.We offer 6-9 wines for a tasting fee of $5. We sell cheese plates (with crackers and chocolate) for $10 or bring your own picnic lunch! We want you to be happy.Our wines include whites such as Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio and reds such as Merlot and Meritage as well as sweet wines such as Riesling. We are an award winning winery with good wines and great friends.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Husband and I were in the OC area this weekend and were looking for someplace new to go. I found Costa Ventosa online and decided to stop by. Their winery/tasting room is only about 15-20 minutes outside of Ocean City. The winemaker Kathy was very nice, she even let our two little dogs join us inside for the tasting. Her wine is nicely balanced and tasty. They offer everything from dry to sweet. Our favorite was the sweet Whaleyville Red, in fact, we drank a full bottle that night with cheese and crackers! I am normally very sensitive to red wines but this wine gave me no trouble. I can't wait to go back and buy more on our next trip. Only downside is the tasting fee of $4.59. Normally when we go to vineyards the tasting fee is waived if you end up purchasing some wine. We probably won't do another tasting unless they have something new to try.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Fairly new winery. Nice tasting room, friendly people there, wine pretty good. We stopped here on the way to Chincoteague Island, VA. It was an enjoyable visit. Bought a couple bottles of wine as "souvenirs". Give it a try!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very nice location and friendly and knowledgeable staff. Several of their wines recently won medals at the 6th Annual Winemasters Choice Awards competition in Maryland. My wife and I liked the pinot grigio and the vidal blanc. Great place to sit out on the porch and enjoy a glass of wine. Tastings are $5 for 9 wines and include a souvenir glass. They also have some good locally made chocolates.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Nice location but the wine is just OK.. For the same price you can get a good bottle of wine. I have been to tastings in Sonoma, Napa, and Italy.

KathrynDL, Owner at Costa Ventosa Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I agree! Unfortunately, the costs involved in winemaking in MD are comparable to making wine in California, Italy, or just about anywhere else. Especially for us little wineries. We strive to offer quality wines (and have won numerous gold medals in competition) at reasonable prices.