“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
LaCrosse
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stay here when ever we visit family in the Baltimore area. Rooms are comfortable and clean.Comfortable beds. Hotel staff is friendly and very helpful. We were pleasantly surprised that computers and DVD players are now in the room. A nice addition. They have also updated to flat screen tvs. Breakfast is pretty standard but the staff keeps it very well stocked and she is also very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We appreciate your stay with us at The Best Western Westminster and posting your positive comments about your recent visit on TripAdvisor.

From your review; it sounds like we did our job and even exceeded your expectations; so thanks again for telling our TripAdvisor readers.

We are glad you found our "Amenities" pleasing during you stay. It is very important to deliver a great experience to our guests.

In closing, I want to thank you again for your review!

Respectfully,

Cammy Hipp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kitty Hawk
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found my stay very comfortable. Clean room, linens and the A/C worked perfectly. The headboard was hung crooked but, didn't wake me once!! The breakfast was a little slack; every BW I've stayed at had some scrambled eggs and either sausage or bacon (usually alternating day to day). They only had hard boiled eggs. The sausage gravy was alright at best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting your positive & helpful comments in regards to your stay.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to our breakfast; it is certainly the most important meal of the day! I intend to use your feedback to evaluate our current breakfast selection and see how we can improve it.

Again, thanks for staying with us as we appreciate your patronage!

Respectfully,

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Was in Westminster for a dog event on a weekend that had many other activities going on and most hotels were completely booked. I booked here even though the price was a little high, and there was a pet fee. However, it was well worth it. A really nice sized room, clean and comfortable. Good sized mini-fridge with freezer compartment. My request to be on the ground floor near an exit was honored with no issue even though they were completely full.
The grounds are spectacular - the dogs and I got in a really nice walk without ever leaving the property. There is a lovely courtyard that looked like it would make a very nice wedding site.
And A special bonus - they donate 1/2 of the pet fee to the local shelter!!

1 Thank SnitchsMom
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for choosing The Best Western Westminster.

We are so glad you stayed with us and found our accommodations most enjoyable! My staff and I take great pride in delivering a great experience to all our guests! It looks like we did a job well done and we are most appreciative that you posted your comments for our future guests to review.

We understand that our four legged friends are part of the family and we welcome them. Best Western Westminster is proud to be a Pet Friendly hotel! We always look for ways to give back to our community and we found this to be a great success.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to see you again soon.

Bellevue
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Front desk staff lady was extremely helpful in recommending locations for dinner, and talking me through finding the place when I got lost and had to call her. Hotel was clean and comfortable, with a decent breakfast. Price was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for choosing The Best Western Westminster for your lodging needs while you were in town. We certainly appreciate your patronage!

I will be sure to let my Guest Service Agent know she was most helpful to you during your stay. We are very pleased you found our hotel comfortable and suitable to your needs.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are glad you found our breakfast enjoyable.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here while visiting friends. Front desk staff very kind and professional both checking in and out. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast area is very small, so was very crowded. Fabulous coffee in the lobby and even cookies in the evening. The hotel is dated, few choices in the area. We found it charming and enjoyed our stay and outdoor pool. Only major drawback.....no elevator!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for posting your positive comments regarding The Best Western Westminster. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed stay with us.

We take great pride in delivering extraordinary service! We are so very pleased you enjoyed our 24-hour complimentary coffee bar and delicious cookies during the week at 5:00pm.

We feel your pain as we certainly wished we had an elevator for our guests maybe one day!

I hope you will be sure to visit us again in the near future, as we have many updates planned for the fall of 2013.

Warm Regards,

Richmond, VA, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

In town for a week for the Common Ground on the Hill event at McDaniel College. Close proximity to the college - huge plus for me. Room was very clean and comfortable. Wi-fi access was easy and problem free. All of the staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was basic items. Good coffee. Shopping and dining options nearby - walking distance. I will definitely stay there next year. My focus is on a hotel's cleanliness, the overall neatness of its appearance, and the professionalism of the staff. This BW certainly met my expectations in those areas. Yes, the bathroom vanity is a bit low and my shower head setting wouldn't change but I understand that renovations are coming in the spring which should make my next stay there even more enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We thank you for posting your positive & helpful comments in regards to your stay.

From your review, it sounds like we delivered exceptional service and exceeded your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the bathroom vanity and showerhead settings. Yes, bathroom renovations start in November so look forward to a brand new look during your stay in 2014!

Again, thanks for sharing your experience with our past, present and future guests!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was fine, the bed was fine, the rug, paint, stairwells, and decor are all very tired and bordering on dirty. The 'breakfast is standard fair (cocoa puffs, toast, waffle maker, bad coffee). The convenient location was it's primary draw. I'll give it one more shot and, if not improved, will take my business elsewhere.

Good Afternoon,

I appreciate your feedback!

It is very important to deliver a great experience to all our guests and I apologize we fell short during your stay. It is our hopes that you will indeed give us another chance sometime in the near future.

I wanted to let you know we are starting renovations in November 2013. You will definitely want to visit and see our fresh new look!

Again thank you for letting me know your concerns.

Best Western Westminster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
#1 of 5 in Owings Mills
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg

Been to Best Western Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!