“Fairly good room for the buck”

Best Western Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Courteous Guest Services staff, Nice, clean, quiet, spacious rooms in good repair. Heat and air work like P-Tacs with on unit controls.

If you have a special need or handicap let the Hotel know ahead of arrival as there are no elevators and it is a Sprawling motel. Also, the breakfast room is at the extreme East end.

Room Tip: Average rating because This place is so darn hard to find at night. You can see the motel but the si...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Good Afternoon Acreny,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. It is very important to deliver a great experience to our guests and I hope you will accept our apology.

We are located on the Rolling Hills of Carroll County so, I can definitely envision your frustration driving for such a long time in the rain, fog and dark. We are located on a hill so once you approach the hill we are visible but I understand you cannot see us from a distance because of the hill.

I apologize we do not have an elevator. We are only a two-story building so unfortunately when the hotel was constructed the need was not there. Believe me I hope one day our dream will come true to have an elevator for our guests and my employees want be in heaven :-). Please know we have Handicap rooms on the first floor and we will always accommodate our guest’s needs.

I will use your feedback to better equip my staff so we can make sure we deliver 100% satisfaction to our guests.

In closing, I want to thank you again for your review it only opens my eyes to areas we can improve.

Respectfully,

Cammy Hipp

Reviewed January 20, 2013

after checking in we were told to park around the back as it would be closer to our room. the door there wasn't locked or secured in anyway,allowing anyone to enter whether or not they were guests. this made me a bit uneasy. in all other ways the stay was very nice,
also,my name is denise lyle, not lyle denise! they had my reservation under lyle denise, so it took awhile to figure it out and correct the problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deniselyle
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at The Best Western Westminster. It is very important to me as well as my entire staff to deliver a great & safe experience to all our guests.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the exit/entrance door on the side of the Hotel. We do keep these doors locked and secured. I know sometimes some of our valued guests that smoke leave the door propped open. I now know I need to place better polices and procedures in place to make sure our doors are locked at all times.

Please know your safety as well as every other guest and our employees is my number one concern.

Many thanks,

Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkat723
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels and this hotel is the best when it comes to feeling like home. It's a great place to unwind after work, or take your special someone on a specail ber that celebration.

Every staff member that we encountered has provided excellent service!! The rooms are clean, and breakfast was good.

This is the best place to stay!!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side away from traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have recently had the opportunity to travel for business. The first hotel was new (never slept in) and very nice, but the staff was kind of stuffy and it was pricey. At the 2nd hotel, the staff was nice, but the room wasn't clean, the AC didn't work, and also very pricey. My 3rd stay was at the Best Western in Westminster during Hurrican Sandy. The room was very clean, the linens all very crisp and clean and the entire staff could not have been any nicer. The price was fair and included a deluxe continental breakfast. I say This Hotel is "Just Right" for anyone.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator, so if you can't do the one flight of stairs, remember to as...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Best Western Gettysburg
Best Western Gettysburg
#1 of 28 in Gettysburg

Been to Best Western Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!