“Long Term Business Traveler”

BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Montague, New Jersey
“Long Term Business Traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay here between 140 and 160 days per year and find the staff (front desk, managers and the team that mans the continental breakfast area) extremely friendly and cordial. If I ever have a complaint (which is about once in the last 4 years) it is acted upon. The staff is always willing to talk (it is lonely stuck in a hotel so many days a year). I have the same room week in and week out (except once as mentioned above) I find it cozy and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LesBern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed in room 132 after a long trip to Gettysburg. The gail that checkd me in was great, and told me to call the desk if I neded any help due to my lack of walking due to my disabiity. About 9 pm, I noticed lot's of ants in my room so I called the desk only to find out that the nice gail left, and the meanest hotel staff women Sherry refused to help me!! She said I would have to move to a second floor room, and there's no elevator, or just sit tight while someone sprays the rooom for ants. Sherry didn't take the time to see that I can't climb stairs, I walk with a cane, and her tone was RUDE!! How could you expect a senior to stay in a room with bug spray. I cheked out and Sherry offered no help,discount, or even made eye contact with this old senior. I will never go here again. Sherry needs ADA training, or a new job she can be nice at.

Room Tip: Stay away from Sherry customer service skills
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank EDWARD D
gmwestminster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Good Afternoon Mr. Edward,

It is very important to me that my staff & I take care of all our guests needs.

I appreciate your feedback! You are absolutely right we should have been more aware of your needs & I deeply apologize. It is unacceptable to me that we did not meet your needs and offer you better accommodations. I will be using your feedback to better help my front desk to deliver better service & experience for our guests.

I also apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the ants. We have had alot of rain here in Westminster and the surrounding cities that does tend to bring those pesky little ants out. I certainly apologize that you had to experience ants in your room.

I hope one day when you are visiting Gettysburg, PA again, you will consider staying with us; I will personally make sure your experience is wonderful.

Respectfully,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We staid at the best western on our wedding night, October 5, 2012. When we first checked in my cousin was yelled at because someone neglected to book her a room there but they took the money out of her account anyways. Then she was completely ignored while the clerk Sherry came to us. The first thing she said in an extremely rude tone," you didn't even book under your reserve". And continued to argue with my husband and I about it. When I kept telling her I didn't not care I just wanted our room so I could get out of my dress. Then my cousin pulled her card out and said listen I just want a room and I am willing to pay again. Sherry said," you are yelling I am refusing you a room and I am going o call the police. We told her to please call the police considering that none of us were doing anything wrong. Once we said that sherry then said well let me just get you that room. Knowing she was wrong. After we got in our rooms and got changed we went out to the grocery store across the street. When we came back about 30 minutes later and about to fall asleep in our rooms. We each get a knock on the door saying she has gotten many complaints about us making a racket the whole time we have been there. Which is a little hard considering we weren't even there until just then. Sherry said once again she was " calling the police". Which never happened I guess since we weren't making any noise. The next morning a several of our friends and family were on the same floor as us. I asked them if they heard noise or anything. They said no it was a quiet night no problems. This sherry women have awful customer service. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Cnmdean
First & Foremost let me start with Congratulations!

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Westminster. It is very important for all of my staff to deliver a great experience to all our guests. I see we fell short and I want you to know I will be using your feedback to discuss and put fourth new policies and procedures so these issues do not happen again.

Just to touch base on some of your specifics problems/concerns: I apologize your room was involved in several complaints we received that evening. It is very hard sometimes when we have noise complaints from other guests to know exactly where the noise is coming from. This is where your feedback becomes very important to me it will help me provide a better means to find exactly where the noise is coming from.

In closing, I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention and please rest assure I will take care of it. Customer service is very important to me as well as my team and it is unacceptable when we do not deliver it!

Respectfully,

Braselton, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was disappointed on my last stay here. The house was much less than half full and my room was sub-par. The bedding was clean and seemed new but the mattress was brick hard. There was one power outlet on the work desk but cleverly designed so that my cell phone charger wouldn't fit. The (1) outlet in the room was so worn I couldn't get a good connection and the bathroom had the (1) outlet occupied by the coffee pot and hair dryer which had their cords screwed into the outlet. The curtains over the window (which looked over an adorable pool pump shed. From my 2nd floor vantage I was impressed by the amout of bird droppings)
The breakfast offering is a disappointing offering of cereal, waffles and oatmeal.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side 2nd story have a decent view. Fair warning - there is no elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob C
Good afternoon Bob,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a repeat guest. We certainly appreciate your patronage. On that note, I am sorry we failed to deliver a great experience during your last stay with us. These days we live by our phones and not being able to charge them is certainly a dis service.

I will be using your feedback to discuss with my maintenance the importance of making sure the outlets are secure when they are doing preventative maintenance in our rooms.

As far as the view, I apologize I am sure seeing the pool shed isn't your top choice at least you know if you forget to schedule your wake up call you have the friendly birds to wake you up!

In closing, I hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the Westminster area. We are making great strides to add more great breakfast choices to our Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast.

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Having had some disappointing experiences at Best Western hotels recently, I found this property a pleasant enough place for an overnight stay as I was passing through the area. The staff were efficient and pleasant and I appreciated the coffee and fruit that were available in the lounge. Unlike many places where I have stayed recently, there was a choice of milk or cream for the coffee as opposed to artificial creamer. Our room was a decent size and was comfortable and clean. It was on the second floor and there is no elevator but this was not an issue for us. The location is convenient if you are passing through the Gettysberg/Westminster area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

It wasn't much of an "experience", just a place to sleep at night while visiting family. The check-in was the worst part because the young lady was not friendly and failed to metion that there is no elevator to the second floor. I was walking up and down the hallway looking for a nonexistent elevator and had to push 5 heavy pieces of luggage around before I went back to the front desk and asked. The room itself was clean and average. I did not have much expectations in the first place.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator try and get a room on the first floor if you have a lot of luggage. The A...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cammy788, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Good Afternoon Miami,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Westminster. It is our goal to provide a great experience for our guests. I apologize that we fell short during your visit.

In this day and age I can understand the surprise to stay at a hotel without an Elevator. I will use your feedback to better educate my Front Desk agents so we can give our guests clear and precise directions to locate their room.

I am certainly glad you enjoyed your stay in our overnight guest room and I am hoping you left after you enjoyed our wonderful Deluxe continental breakfast.

Miami is a wonderful place however we do hope if you come back to Westminster to visit your family you will give us another try.

Best regards,

Cammy
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We lost electric for six days. Was great to get-away for a good nights sleep and awesome shower. Although most hotels in the area were booked, they seemed to find us a room. The only downfall was that the comforter was wet at the end of the bed. We pulled it off and continued to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cammy788, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We appreciate your staying with us at the Best Western Westminster and posting your positive comments about your recent visit on TripAdvisor.

From your review; it sounds like we did our job and even exceeded your expectations; so thanks again for telling our TripAdvisor readers.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will be back to stay with us in the future and of course under better circumstances.

My staff and I look forward to your return visit and hope that we have made a positive impression on your opinion of Best Western Hotels.

We hope the rest of your summer is most enjoyable!

CH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
#1 of 4 in Owings Mills
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center? Share your experiences!