“Just so-so”

Best Western Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was disappointed on my last stay here. The house was much less than half full and my room was sub-par. The bedding was clean and seemed new but the mattress was brick hard. There was one power outlet on the work desk but cleverly designed so that my cell phone charger wouldn't fit. The (1) outlet in the room was so worn I couldn't get a good connection and the bathroom had the (1) outlet occupied by the coffee pot and hair dryer which had their cords screwed into the outlet. The curtains over the window (which looked over an adorable pool pump shed. From my 2nd floor vantage I was impressed by the amout of bird droppings)
The breakfast offering is a disappointing offering of cereal, waffles and oatmeal.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side 2nd story have a decent view. Fair warning - there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob C
gmwestminster, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Good afternoon Bob,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a repeat guest. We certainly appreciate your patronage. On that note, I am sorry we failed to deliver a great experience during your last stay with us. These days we live by our phones and not being able to charge them is certainly a dis service.

I will be using your feedback to discuss with my maintenance the importance of making sure the outlets are secure when they are doing preventative maintenance in our rooms.

As far as the view, I apologize I am sure seeing the pool shed isn't your top choice at least you know if you forget to schedule your wake up call you have the friendly birds to wake you up!

In closing, I hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the Westminster area. We are making great strides to add more great breakfast choices to our Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast.

Best regards,

Cammy Hipp

There are newer reviews for Best Western Westminster Hotel

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Having had some disappointing experiences at Best Western hotels recently, I found this property a pleasant enough place for an overnight stay as I was passing through the area. The staff were efficient and pleasant and I appreciated the coffee and fruit that were available in the lounge. Unlike many places where I have stayed recently, there was a choice of milk or cream for the coffee as opposed to artificial creamer. Our room was a decent size and was comfortable and clean. It was on the second floor and there is no elevator but this was not an issue for us. The location is convenient if you are passing through the Gettysberg/Westminster area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

It wasn't much of an "experience", just a place to sleep at night while visiting family. The check-in was the worst part because the young lady was not friendly and failed to metion that there is no elevator to the second floor. I was walking up and down the hallway looking for a nonexistent elevator and had to push 5 heavy pieces of luggage around before I went back to the front desk and asked. The room itself was clean and average. I did not have much expectations in the first place.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator try and get a room on the first floor if you have a lot of luggage. The A...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Cammy788, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Good Afternoon Miami,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Westminster. It is our goal to provide a great experience for our guests. I apologize that we fell short during your visit.

In this day and age I can understand the surprise to stay at a hotel without an Elevator. I will use your feedback to better educate my Front Desk agents so we can give our guests clear and precise directions to locate their room.

I am certainly glad you enjoyed your stay in our overnight guest room and I am hoping you left after you enjoyed our wonderful Deluxe continental breakfast.

Miami is a wonderful place however we do hope if you come back to Westminster to visit your family you will give us another try.

Best regards,

Cammy

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We lost electric for six days. Was great to get-away for a good nights sleep and awesome shower. Although most hotels in the area were booked, they seemed to find us a room. The only downfall was that the comforter was wet at the end of the bed. We pulled it off and continued to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Cammy788, General Manager at Best Western Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

We appreciate your staying with us at the Best Western Westminster and posting your positive comments about your recent visit on TripAdvisor.

From your review; it sounds like we did our job and even exceeded your expectations; so thanks again for telling our TripAdvisor readers.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will be back to stay with us in the future and of course under better circumstances.

My staff and I look forward to your return visit and hope that we have made a positive impression on your opinion of Best Western Hotels.

We hope the rest of your summer is most enjoyable!

CH

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We've had a number of awful experiences at Best Western hotels over the past few years, and I was hesitant to try again. Thankfully, THIS hotel was lovely! Friendly staff. I forgot my toothpaste and they were quick to give me a cool replacement.

There is NO elevator and the parking may be challenging to get to the door. It was pouring rain when i arrived. They offered to have a bell man take my bags, but I wasn't up to it :) It was just awkward putting the key in the outside door in the rain with all my stuff. Wish it was open except at night.

Room was clean and fresh (no smoky smells like in past experiences with OTHER Best Western hotels). Bedding looked new. Didn't like having European sized throw pillows on the bed because they can't be washed (no covers). Cleaning staff was very friendly as well.

The bathroom made me smile. The wallpaper was similar to some I had back in the 80's. It was dated, but in great shape. Overall bathroom was a good size and good water pressure in the shower.

Glad to find a Best Western that wasn't scary. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor so you don't have to lug everything up the stairs
A TripAdvisor Member
Irvington, New York, USA
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The breakfast was good. The pool towels were very soft. The rooms were comfy and clean. Coffee and tea were available 24 hours a day in the lobby. This was a great hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were traveling with friends and due to circumstances had to change hotels. We found this one and were able to book two rooms for 4 nights. The staff was friendly and helpful. This includes the front desk, the lady running the breakfast room and the housekeepers on the second floor. The pool was clean. The breakfast was well stocked. The rooms were clean. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no elavators in this hotel. If you have a lot to carry, can't carry or climb stairs y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Days Inn Westminster
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
#1 of 5 in Owings Mills
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills

Been to Best Western Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!