“smelly” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Boston, Massachusetts
“smelly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Room smelt awful and bathroom was gross. Not recommended unless you are in a jam and don't need to be there much. At least it was quiet enough even with a ton of dogs in town. Some of the rooms are worse than others, but everything I owned smelled terrible after staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank sunny g
Travis B, Owner at Boston Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We are very sorry you had a bad experience at our facility. We wish you would have came and spoke with us so that we could have tried and corrected the situation and made your stay more enjoyable. We are a family owned and operated property that has been in business for over 20 years and take great pride in our property. We may be an older property that does not have all the modern updates as some of our competitors but we do strive in keeping our property clean and well maintained.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

WE stayed here in the middle of a bad storm.... the room was small,clean and safe..
The room was cheap in price and we got just what you expect from a cheap motel.
The people are nice and helpful.
We payed 59.00 tax and all...

Room Tip: We stayed in a room beside the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sugarandspice5661
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Boston Inn with my small children several times. This will be the last. The owner Aimee is very rude. Housekeepers are very lazy and never want to clean your room. And if you complain to the owner she will always side with the staff. The rooms are NOT clean. I have found roaches on several occassions. Matressess are stand. bedding had cigarette burns in it.The rooms smell funny and musty. It actually smells like mold. I have found mold in a couple of rooms. Dottie will only help you if you are a man. If your anyone else dont expect alot of anything. The carpets are gross and damp. Which makes me concerned for a serious mold problem. In fact Carroll County is FULL of TOXIC MOLD. If you had ever been here and developed any health issues or become sick or had headaches thats why.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank A k
Travis B, Owner at Boston Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
It is unfortunate in instances like this that the internet is available for anyone to post whatever they want. Our hotel has been family owned and operated for over 20 years. We take great pride in providing a clean affordable room for our guests. Our rooms have never had any mold issues and are inspected every day by house keeping if they are rented or not.

Travelers are raving about these Westminster hotels

Gloucester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had to come in to Westminster for a funeral. Reviewed virtual tour and thought the Boston Inn looked like a nice place to stay. Let me tell you in what ways it was NOT the place to stay-
-Room was not the one showed on the virtual tour. Where was that room?
-Room smelled terrible, had a musty basement smell. Carpets stained. Had to immediately go buy Lysol and Frebreeze from local store. Walls were dirty, bathroom door had a hole punched in it. Everything was outdated furniture, dirty carpet (afraid to walk around without shoes) and bathroom.
-My husband complained about the smell and was told to let them know about it by 11am the next day.
-Some of the electrical sockets did not work.
-Hot water handle in sink was broken.
-Fridge did not keep items cold.
-The first day my family was getting showered and ready for the viewing when the maid came. Explained we were getting ready. Later my husband went to ask for a trash bag and was told my the lady at the front desk "I can only give you one, next time let the maid in."
-No iron or ironing board in room. Was told by the maid only 'certain rooms' carry those, Had to go to the front desk and was given a small ironing board. (Good thing I brought my iron from home).
-There was different sections of this motel. I do not know where the rooms were that was shown on the website, maybe in a different section. Maybe because my family was from out of state that it would not matter where we would stay.
-This was a very sad and stressful time for our family. This stay made it worse. We ended up checking out 2 days early.
-This motel made you feel disgusting and dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Take my advice and spend the extra money and stay at an alternative motel. I will never stay or recommend anyone ever stay.
-If I had more time I would have taken pictures to show with this review but was just glad to leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tina W
Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I just stayed there for one night and was quite pleased. Wonderful staff during check in and check out. Clean room and although I didn't need it, I appreciated the available washer and dryer. Loved the large flat-screen tv and the in-room computer/TV/DVD player. Also loved that the mouse and keyboard were wireless. On a main road and convenient to stores and restaurants. Again, very clean. I recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Marcia T
Sanford, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Large, pleasant, very clean room, and appeared pretty new. Easy to locate and convenient for restaurants. Front desk personnel helpful, because vending machine was not working. Three night stay in late April, 2012. Pillows too plump for me, but I carried one with me (for autotrain) so did not ask for another. Husband was comfortable with the one provided. Rate very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Binghamton NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The room looked like it had just been painted - very clean, and the maid service was excellent. Furniture was outdated, but we had a flat screen tv. Grounds were clean and pretty, plentiful for walking the dogs - lots of trash recepticles. Shopping center just behind the inn,easy walk. Breakfast offered was packaged donuts and coffee, but better than nothing. Staff was friendly. Only issue was 4-lane Rte. 140 runs right in front of the inn, and there doesn't seem to be an escape from the road noise. Most of the rooms which would be quieter just have one double bed. Two doubles are on ground floor (great for the dogs) and kings with jacuzzis are on 2nd fl.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
BEST WESTERN Westminster Catering & Conference Center
Inn At Norwood
#1 of 1 in Sykesville
4.5 of 5 stars 29 reviews
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills

Been to Boston Inn? Share your experiences!