“country history at its best”

Carroll County Farm Museum
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Westminster
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We live very close and are lifetime members, so we will go check out pretty much anything that is going on. The civil war encampment in May is always fun, as is fall harvest days in October. The Museum itself is educational about how the poor got along prior to welfare. It was an excellent idea for the county to preserve this interesting peice of history.

There are newer reviews for Carroll County Farm Museum

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great fun and always lots to do, I have been to the tractor pulls,4-H, Farm shows and many other events. I am never disappointed!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been to this venue a number of times for wine festivals and bluegrass festivals. There is lots and lots of room for relaxing and watching a band. It's fun to walk through the grounds - I have learned so much about farm history.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is so overbooked, I doubt it's ever available. The farm museum part and the garden is interesting just on it's own. Check the schedule throughout the year, there's something going on to please just about everyone. Stay away from the Wine Festival, it's grown too large for the facility and isn't as much fun anymore because of the crowding.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Took the kids (ages 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15) and enjoyed a fairly pleasant day touring the grounds. The kids' favorite part was the fowl, but they also liked the tour of the alms house. We then had lunch, which we brought, on some picnic tables in the shade. The staff was a little overly strict with the kids, but not unfriendly (I'm a pretty strict mom as it is). Sadly, the gift shop was not open.