“A chain that breaks the mold” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Ranked #33 of 115 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Westminster, Md
“A chain that breaks the mold”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I don't know how they do it, but OG never tastes like the food is frozen, mass produced or prepped in bulk elsewhere. The one in Westminster also has the best service team. I did experience, once, terrible service and the manager made it up with a $100 gift card! I expected a $25 card. Definitely, go here for a good meal and good service.

Visited September 2012

Westminster, Maryland
“Keep a good thing going!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice franchise - yummy food at reasonable prices. The waitstaff offer a sample of wine, which probably doesn't cost much, but definitely makes is feel like a "fancier" restaurant than it is. My favorite thing I ALWAYS look forward to is the fresh salad, which I've always been able to count on to be really fresh and crisp. Unfortunately, I ate there a couple of nights ago and was disappointed in that aspect of the meal, because the lettuce was a little limp. PLEASE KEEP UP THE QUALITY!!! I love having a nice restaurant like this to go to way out here in the Boonies...

Visited September 2012
MrGuber
“Don't go here and expect understanding when you have an ADHD child that acts up and you are trying to deal with it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our family has been coming to this restaurant since it opened off and on as time and money allows. Most experiences have been very good and only a few terrible. This experience as of tonight has left an awful taste in my mouth. My son has ADHD and occasionally acts up and tonight being one of those nights. My wife tried to get him to comply and he got louder, she did the responsible thing and took him outside to try and turn him around. After a while my wife and son returned and things started to get quieter as the situation started to die down so that we could finish our meal and depart. The manager came to our table and instead of trying to find out what the situation was or if we needed any help proceeded to inform us that they were getting complaints from other guests. When my son finished his meal I took him outside to allow my wife to finish her meal where people were asking to be moved and eventually the manager asked my wife to leave. It's hard to believe in this day and age that a restaurant and it's manager and a few guests could be so insensitive to a family that is facing an unwelcomed issue. My wife and I have worked tirelessly for the past seven years to help and be advocates for my son at home and in school and have gone deep in debt doing it. My son is very smart, a gifted and talented student and very active in the community. It's hard to accept that if you're different sometimes you get penalized for it along with the family too. But, I hope they enjoy the $20 my wife left behind of my hard earned money that I gave her to offset the cost of dinner as she left, I view it as after all of that it would have been better off back in my pocket and served as nothing more than a reward for insensitivity. We will not be back and would not recommend this restaurant for guests with kids that have challenges.

• Visited August 2012
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Service was great. Waiter was friendly. Food was served on time and waiter always checked back to see if we needed more.

Visited June 2012
Hampstead, Maryland
“Always the same (which is a good thing)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

You can always depend on Olive Garden for a good meal at a good price. The service is always good to very good, the food is always fresh, well made and tasty. If there is a problem, it's taken care of quickly without question. They do go out of their way to make you feel at home. Only negative is the long wait if you get there at the wrong time. But what does that tell you?

• Visited June 2012