“Santa Train? Really?”

Walkersville Southern Railroad
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Save your money..we spent 65 dollars for a dirty train, dirty seats that looked like they had just been dusted off that morning, that smelled like mold, and scenery of the back of peoples yards, weeds and the highway. My son talked to santa, whose elf..who was not dressed up by the way, proceeded to give him a bendable $1 reindeer --no music, no singing, just heaters plugged up to make sure everyone did not freeze to death, and scented candles to mask the smell....The hour we spend driving was not worth it...save your money and go to the National Harbor! And go to the bathroom first or you and your children will be forced to the porta potty!

3  Thank kay s

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We found this gem about two years ago, and every trip there has been pure joy, for the children and adults. The people there are fantastic!! We are going to see Santa again this 2013 Christmas season, (will report back). I know its going to be a blast!!

1  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed October 7, 2013

my wife and I where married on the wssr on september 14 2014. we chartered the dinning car train for our reception and caboose for our ceremony. brooke was a dream to work with! the rr can provide a piano player at a minimal cost for your reception which adds a nice touch to everything. the rr has the same caterer that provides the food for there dinner trains and the food was outstanding!. they will bend over backwards to accomadte your needs for your wedding . theres no hidden costs . all up front. the park has many great locations for your wedding pics. if your looking for a unique wedding venue for a small wedding and reception , this is indeed the way to do it! they will decorate the cars for you . they will bend over backwards to accomadate your needs folks and the train is rest room and handicap accesible for the dinner train which makes it a dream for weddings esp for those who have older guests who cant navigate steep steps

2  Thank matthewbrandley
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed a nice ride on this train. My three year old son ( a train enthusiast) really enjoyed himself. The train gave a nice view of some of the fall colors, neary farmland, and the mountains in the distance. Spotted a barn owl flying through the woods and also a great blue heron. I would really like to try the dinner train in the future.

I would like to see the museum become a little better organized with displays explaining what the railroad items are.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My mother was coming into town for her birthday and loves train rides and mysteries. What better gift to give her than a mystery dinner train ride. Unfortunately it was pouring down rain so we did not get to see any scenery at all nor visit any of the train station. The ride was 2 hours. Have assigned seating and had us at a table for two. Was a bit disappointed we weren't seated at a table for four to add to the enjoyment. The food was good and the server Sheila was on top of it all - she hustled and maintained her friendliness. The fun part was the fact we didn't know it was a mystery until the end. The actors came out mingling with the crowd and did quite a bit of improv based on the crowed participation. I was beginning to wonder if it was a comedy or a mystery. Turned out it was both and we absolutely loved it. The actors were exceptional and we laughed so hard. Very enjoyable, we would do it again. Just a note - they were going to do a happy birthday to my mom but apparently forgot. They did quite a few happy anniversaries. I would recommend reminding your server of any requests. But she didn't know so she didn't miss out.