“Not pleased”
Review of Super 8 Waldorf

Super 8 Waldorf
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The walls seemed like they were made out of cardboard ... Way too noisy ... And room smelled bad ... I could smell it on the clothes I had in the room. In the bathroom, all along the outside of the bathtub, grout was really dirty or moldy looking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Waldorf

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I needed a cheap room for the night as I was passing through. I reserved the room online and checked in with no problem. When I opened the door to the room there was a blood stain on the carpet. I know the room was inexpensive and I wasn't expecting a night at the Ritz but a blood stain is pretty horrifying.

Find another location. After explaining to a local where I was staying they laughed and told me to get my money back and go elsewhere immediately. Apparently it has a reputation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not being one to write these things, this is somewhat emotionally hard. My wife and I unfortunately had to stay in this motel for longer than anyone should have had to endure. We were met with the knowledge that the room we requested and had reserved was unavailable. Along with that, a stale cigarette stench overpowered the place. The lobby and breakfast area LOOKED clean enough, but the rooms (at least RM 206) were NOT so clean. Again, the smell of cigarette smoke in our NON-SMOKING room was overpowering. Along with that, the security latch on the door was broken, the furniture was old, faded, and beat-up, the tub was dirty and stained, with mildew on the shower walls, the refrigerator was nasty inside and out, the microwave was okay outside but dirty inside, the heating and air unit was always blowing high, and was either Hell or the North Pole, with no middle ground, and the high-speed internet was intermittent.

The next morning I went to turn on the TV to find out that the remote control was broken. BUT when I went to manually turn the TV on, I found that it had been unplugged AND there was no RGB cable! The remote, which had no back, WAS working. Having to rush out, I stopped at the desk to let them know about the TV, but no one was there, and I could not wait. When we got back that evening, I tapped on the desk window to see about getting a short cable. The "night manager" seemed annoyed and was very offensive in his tone and attitude! NOW I read the other reviews on this motel and WISH TO GOD that I had read them earlier. The complaints are TRUE, and I really can't BELIEVE that nothing has been or is being done!

I intend on using everything within my power to bring attention to SUPER 8 WALDORF and Wyndham Hotel Group, and to bring about a change to this motel! NO ONE should have to be forced to suffer such horrible service and lodging, because to the best of my knowledge, there IS NO REFUND (meaning Wyndham DOES NOT stand behind the Hotels/Motels they represent)! More to follow, I'm sure . . . (vsm)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business