WINNER WONDERLAND

“right price for hotel. hotel is a little rough but it does...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Waldorf

Super 8 Waldorf
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not being one to write these things, this is somewhat emotionally hard. My wife and I unfortunately had to stay in this motel for longer than anyone should have had to endure. We were met with the knowledge that the room we requested and had reserved was unavailable. Along with that, a stale cigarette stench overpowered the place. The lobby and breakfast area LOOKED clean enough, but the rooms (at least RM 206) were NOT so clean. Again, the smell of cigarette smoke in our NON-SMOKING room was overpowering. Along with that, the security latch on the door was broken, the furniture was old, faded, and beat-up, the tub was dirty and stained, with mildew on the shower walls, the refrigerator was nasty inside and out, the microwave was okay outside but dirty inside, the heating and air unit was always blowing high, and was either Hell or the North Pole, with no middle ground, and the high-speed internet was intermittent.

The next morning I went to turn on the TV to find out that the remote control was broken. BUT when I went to manually turn the TV on, I found that it had been unplugged AND there was no RGB cable! The remote, which had no back, WAS working. Having to rush out, I stopped at the desk to let them know about the TV, but no one was there, and I could not wait. When we got back that evening, I tapped on the desk window to see about getting a short cable. The "night manager" seemed annoyed and was very offensive in his tone and attitude! NOW I read the other reviews on this motel and WISH TO GOD that I had read them earlier. The complaints are TRUE, and I really can't BELIEVE that nothing has been or is being done!

I intend on using everything within my power to bring attention to SUPER 8 WALDORF and Wyndham Hotel Group, and to bring about a change to this motel! NO ONE should have to be forced to suffer such horrible service and lodging, because to the best of my knowledge, there IS NO REFUND (meaning Wyndham DOES NOT stand behind the Hotels/Motels they represent)! More to follow, I'm sure . . . (vsm)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I would not reccomend any traveller to stay at that location.

I was there during the cold months and the only heating source to me was a non comcwrcial floor heater. The electrical wires was extremely warm that I decided to unplug it not to cause a fire and worse possibly disable or end my life.

The sheets and pillow cases had an used odor to them so I slept in my traveling clothes.
Lastly I decided to wash my face only to notice that the wash clothes had yellow stains on it and smear of brown.

I stayed thee for a total of 4 hrs before checking out and sleeping in my rental car.

Sadly they charged me for that filthy stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

DCJim1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

For one night it was fine. After reading some reviews here, I'd like to point a few things out. All places have a check out time of 11am unless you pre-arrange to stay later or paid for another day. If you don't, and only paid for one night....you have to be out. I know Waldorf very well.....there are some people who love to walk out of places without paying what they owe so merchants are on guard for this kind of stuff. I found my room to be neat and clean with everything in it in working order. The rate was low for the area. The front desk staff was fine. Some people want as much as they can get for paying almost nothing....business' can operate like that. Common sense says....you get what you pay for; you do here and that seems fair to me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo