La Quinta Inn Waldorf
$129
$100
$108
$61
All reviewstwo floorsroom was cleana pet friendly hotellots of places to eatcontinental breakfaststay there againexcellent experiencerestaurants in the areawaffleshotel is locatedwashington dccookieshotel roomshoewalmartcerealpets
A La Quinta traveler
Beaufort, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed March 30, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay at the Laquinta Inn in Waldorf was awesome. The staff was always attentive and helpful. The manager of this location was very helpful, and present assuring that our stay was comfortable. This location had accessibility to buses, local mall, WALMART, carry outs, a convenient store and even a bowling alley in walking distance. They were very pet friendly and made sure that the accommodations for the family and your pet is met. There are open areas for you to walk your dog and computers with a printer for your business needs. Vending machines and a laundry room. The room was clean and each day we stayed housekeeping assured it stayed that way (^_^). The room had a microwave and a fridge that worked great. We couldn't have asked for more. I have recommended The Laquinta in Waldorf to several family and friends that will visit the area.

However, when I visited this site I was amazed to see Ms. Cathy J review about the Laquinta and had to respond. I visited when she was there and actually witnessed everything that happened. It is just unfortunate that such a bitter person would post such a negative review of a GREAT place. Ms. Cathy failed to state that her dog bit the Mountain Cur first! It was not a pitbull. You also failed to state that your dog dragged you across the lot and you lost your shoe. It was raining and mud everywhere. There was a VET ON SITE that day and you failed to take your dog if it was really that serious. You didn't notify management of any incident.. didn't fill out any incident report.. or maybe it was because you jacked up the young girl by her collar in front of her mom. Glad her mom didn't attack you! You also failed to mention that although their dog was injured with two bite marks (puncture wounds) in the face you left YOUR DOG with the mom and her kids to go to your car for towel and that they gave you a bottle of peroxide for the nip on your dogs ear. They sat with you for a long time to assure that your dog was okay. You were the one that said your dog was bad and had to go the vet everyday to become socialized. Even the youngest girl helped you upstairs with your boots. I just sat there in the lobby and wondered to myself how could they have sooo much patience for you? As for your stay... I witnessed when you asked for assistance with the Wi-fi and the told you what link to click ... sorry your not computer savvy, the fridge control dial was on the back of the fridge (if only you asked) and the saddest part is THEY OFFERED YOU ANOTHER ROOM! and you declined it several times. So I guess you did pay for what you wanted! Seems to me that you were just looking for a freebie! It just saddens me to see that such a great place could be ridiculed by a bitter person like you.

Hope anyone reading this post disregards such an unhappy person and give the LAQUINTA in Waldorf and visit in your travels. It is well worth your money and I'm sure you WILL ENJOY your stay! Don't forget to sign up for Laquinta Returns ... free points during your stay can add up to a free night! (^_^)

Room Tip: For families check conjoined rooms rate and the Family suite!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank The truth P
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hotel last week and it was one of the better Hotels we have stayed at in a long time. Its pet friendly and that is a big help as to board my small 10 pound dog would cost almost as much as the room per day cost. The Hotel staff was more than willing to make sure we had everything we needed to ensure our stay was top notch. With having no knowledge of the DC area my family and I were planning to visit the Zoo in DC. The lady at the front desk made a recommendation we take the metro line as it would be faster and easier to get around the DC area and we are glad we followed that advice; it was a lot faster, cheaper and easier. Those that clam to have a bad stay is debatable. I for one will recommend this Hotel to anyone who asks and If my plans involve staying in the Waldorf area again, this Hotel will have my repeat business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank rbr112100
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel and the overall experience was average. You could tell there had been some reconstruction on the rooms and hallways, but the work was spotty. The room was small, but clean. Everything advertised about the room and hotel is true, but minimally. The mircowave was in a closet and there were no doors on the closet area. Just about everything about this hotel was minimal. During one of our nights there, we were awakened around 2 in the morning by one of the staff telling a very loud story about a personal encounter that seemed to echo down the halls. You would have thought they were at a baseball game with the yelling and profanity. Not likely at all to stay at this hotel again or recommend to any family or friends. The area is ok, but there are nicer hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The AGM Mary, Bev, Marcia, Housekeepers and Maintenance Techs worked hard to correct the problems but there were just too many. I got tired of complaining and they just kept saying they were sorry.
After unpacking and settling into my very attractive room I learned that my shower would not work. When I attempted to call the Front Desk, I learned that neither of my room phones worked. And the wi-fi did not work in my room. I reported all issues in person and was promised that these issues would be remedied the next day.
The next morning I wanted to start my day with a cup of tea and learned that the microwave did not work. Not having a phone in my room, I reported this new problem in person.
The maintenance tech came to my room on the morning of my second day and repaired the shower knob and replaced my microwave. The telephones could not be fixed without going into the walls....which was a mess I didn't wish to cope with during my vacation....so I did without any phone service. Marcia did deduct $20 from my first night's stay. Another Tech came to my room and was able to connect to wi-fi and said I would not have that problem any longer (I was never able to re-connect to wi-fi during my stay). At this point it is nearly lunchtime and I did not travel 500 miles to spend the holidays repairing all the problems with the room.
I went out for a few hours and returned to the hotel to dressed for a dinner party. I was with my cocker spaniel at the edge of the parking lot when WE WERE ATTACKED BY A LARGE STAFFORDSHIRE AND A PIT BULL THAT WERE DRAGGING A YOUNG GIRL ACROSS THE PARKING LOT. I was injured; my dog was injured. They told me that their dog didn't like other dogs....yet they were still staying at LaQuinta when I left this morning...THEY HAD NOT BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE!
I give one point to this hotel....the bed was nice, I liked the idea of a desk in the room (if only the wi-fi worked and I could have worked), and the toilet flushed well. The fridge froze everything and had no control dial. I had to go to McDonalds to do my work. Paid for all the amenities and got none!
I worked for the airlines for 15yrs and probably stayed in a 1000 hotels....never any as bad as this one. I am currently a property manager at a large resort and I know some things can happen....but never so many things in one unit...and I never would have allowed this dangerous dog to stay on my property.
And the parking lot was scary....people from nearby bad neighborhood wandering thru at all hours. Horrible, terrible, a nightmare....and I paid for it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo