New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Keedysville, Maryland
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stay in Holiday Innn Express pretty often and this location is one of the best! I checked in around 8 in the eveninf and to my surprise I had no issues with a close parking place. The clerk was super friendly, she was pleasant and helpful. The room was large, spacious and QUIET. The bed was super comfortable, water extra hot and the towel were fluffy. The breakfast was standard but I swear it was fresher then the others I have been to. Overall a great place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank skzkitty
Paul R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in the near future.

Thanks,

Paul Reyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

It's hidden if you are not from the area. When I arrived they had recently had the parking lot paved or sealed and the parking spaces were being lined so I couldn't park on the lot but there was room on the other side of their driveway.

This is a newly remodeled hotel six months ago. It's clean, rooms large with microwave and frig. Breakfast is the standard HIE breakfast but found that the hostess was involved with a guest who had a medical problem and they brought an ambulance in to check him out so some of the items were empty and cold.

I would stay here again if I was in the area. Close to I 95. Front desk very helpful at check in. A new trainee did an excellent job with food choices and directions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Waldorf. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Thanks,

Paul Reyes
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel weekend of July 27th for a wedding in town. First off, when making my reservation my credit card was charged three times for the same stay. It took many calls to the general manager to fix my issue, who was very apathetic. Employees were too busy chit-chatting during check in time to attend to guests. This made the check-in process longer than it needed to be. After checking in, I was given a room that wasn't cleaned by housekeeping. Had to lug my family and our suitcases back downstairs to request a new room. No apology was given. The second room I was given had dirty pillows and bathtub. Housekeeping couldn't be bothered to take out the trash on any night we were there. It was disgusting. Breakfast was horrible. Limited selection, featuring cold coffee and warm juice Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Luis M,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you had with the charges on your credit card and the shortcomings you had with your room. We are truly sorry that your experience with us was not what you expected and deeply regret the dissatisfaction these aspects have caused you.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lady Lake, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This Holiday Inn was clean, room was large, staff was friendly. It is located close to shopping and eating establishments so it's a convenient place to stay. I would recommend it if you are staying in the Waldorf area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed for two nights. The first night just my husband and I, staff was so friendly and we enjoyed the after hours shopette! Second night had to get two rooms to stay with 3 kids and dog.... Awesome we could bring dog, but no adjoining rooms available for all of us to stay together. Would have given five stars for the room if they had a suite option... But overall very friendly and a nice place to stay... Oh and breakfast was pretty standard got sausage scrambled eggs and biscuits and then the routine cold stuff.

• Stayed July 2013
Montville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at other hotels in the area and tried this hotel as a change of pace. Really new, clean hotel. AC in rooms worked well and weren't noisy. Bathroom was a little small but had all the necessities. No tub which I didn't miss at all. The walk in shower was great. Nice large screen TV with good cable offerings. nice sized fridge and mini microwave were a plus. Room also had a two person sofa. We had neighbours during our stay and it was a nice change to not know they were even there. Did not try the free breakfast so no comments. Pool was apparently broken during our 2 night stay.I wasn't planning on using it, but if I was I would have been disappointed at the lack of notification. Very competent and professional staff site. Was always greeted coming and going. The hotel isn't directly on 301 which helped to reduce noise. It is accessible to many restaurants, shopping and activities. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kim A
Mebane, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As other reviews stated, this is a new hotel. Beds were clean and comfy. I got a King "suite" (extra large room) for $85, and was very pleased. Bathroom set up was also very nice (no tub, but I like the shower only anyway).

The room did not have sheets for the sofa, so I had to call front desk. I preferred this since then I know they are clean at least.

The only part I thought was subpar was the breakfast. I have low expectations for all free hotel breakfasts, and you can see from my other reviews I am fair. The eggs were exceptionally bland (this included the scrambled and hard boiled). Also the sausage was very unappealing. I ate the cereal and cinnamon bun which was fine, but was disappointed with "hot part" of the breakfast.

All and all, if I got a great price like I did, I'd stay again for sure.