“Nice new Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Montville, New Jersey, United States
“Nice new Hotel”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at other hotels in the area and tried this hotel as a change of pace. Really new, clean hotel. AC in rooms worked well and weren't noisy. Bathroom was a little small but had all the necessities. No tub which I didn't miss at all. The walk in shower was great. Nice large screen TV with good cable offerings. nice sized fridge and mini microwave were a plus. Room also had a two person sofa. We had neighbours during our stay and it was a nice change to not know they were even there. Did not try the free breakfast so no comments. Pool was apparently broken during our 2 night stay.I wasn't planning on using it, but if I was I would have been disappointed at the lack of notification. Very competent and professional staff site. Was always greeted coming and going. The hotel isn't directly on 301 which helped to reduce noise. It is accessible to many restaurants, shopping and activities. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kim A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mebane, NC
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As other reviews stated, this is a new hotel. Beds were clean and comfy. I got a King "suite" (extra large room) for $85, and was very pleased. Bathroom set up was also very nice (no tub, but I like the shower only anyway).

The room did not have sheets for the sofa, so I had to call front desk. I preferred this since then I know they are clean at least.

The only part I thought was subpar was the breakfast. I have low expectations for all free hotel breakfasts, and you can see from my other reviews I am fair. The eggs were exceptionally bland (this included the scrambled and hard boiled). Also the sausage was very unappealing. I ate the cereal and cinnamon bun which was fine, but was disappointed with "hot part" of the breakfast.

All and all, if I got a great price like I did, I'd stay again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here over night and had a blast. The ladies at the front desk were very welcoming and forthcoming. The gave excellent customer service and we convenient every moment that I was there. Will definitely recommend to someone else and stay here again. Pool was nice and clean and quite roomy for everyone in my party saying at the hotel which encounter 10 total along with other hotel guests. Thanks again for everything

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Waldorf for one night while attending a race at Potomac Speedway. Property is brand spanking new and still has that new hotel smell. Everyone at the hotel was exceedingly freindly. The breakfast was great as were the sleep accomodations. We have another race weekend at Potoma next month and am already looking forward to it as I will be once again staying at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at this Holiday Inn last night. Nice hotel and clean room. Loved the big TV! Room has microwave and refrigerator. I am giving the hotel 4 stars because the pool wasn't open yet and we were not informed of this when making our reservation. Also, breakfast was a bit disappointing for a Holiday Inn Express. Pancake maker was broken and hot food was quite tasteless. Hotel open only 3 weeks and pancake maker broken already. Would probably stay again but may also look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants nearby
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DCJim1
Reviewed May 13, 2013

So they took the very questionable Days Inn that was very seedy and sold it and redid the whole place. Everything here is brand spanken new and really nice. The rates have doubled but it is well worth it and cuts down on all of the rift raft that use to stay here.....you get a lot for the new rate. They are working on an indoor pool and that will be done in a few weeks. They have sunk a lot of $$ into this property and it shows. Breakfast was a very complete hot one. Front desk folks very nice.....everything is fresh and clean. If you need a place to stay in this area, this should work out well for you.

Room Tip: They are all new and well appointed with in room safe, coffee, big flat screen TV....the works.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Collingdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stay here after attending a housewarming. GG at the front desk was very nice. The hotel just reopened as Holiday Inn Express on April 26, 2013. Everything was very, very clean. Just one con, they do not accept AAA discounts. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family