“Great Stay.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I had to work in DC area. I chose this hotel as it was a good bargain and only 25 mins away from the DC area. The staff were excellent and the rooms are spacious. Loved the free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Our stay started off well, and we were able to have an early check in. The front desk clerk was nice and very helpful. We just dropped our bags and left for D.C. The hotel had a strange smell in the hallways, and just didn't seem clean. The carpet in our room had multiple stains, the desk chair was broken, and one of the beds had a visible sway to the mattress that made it feel as though we were holding on to the edge of the bed to keep from rolling into the hole. The hair dryer was pitiful and took forever to dry my hair. Be sure to bring one from home! There was no adequate lighting anywhere in the room, so trying to put on makeup was a joke. I probably could have overlooked all of this with the exception of an incident that occured on our 3rd night there. My husband is diligent about checking the locks on the hotel doors before bed. However, when I woke the next morning the door was open and the only thing keeping it from standing completely open was the sliding lock at the top of the door. We immediately reported this to the front desk, and they assured us they would look into it and move us to a different room that night. When we returned that evening, the front desk acted as if they had no idea what we were talking about, and the hotel was sold out. We had to stay in our room. Needless to say, we got very little sleep that night, even after moving the kids into the bedroom with us and locking the bedroom door. It was the icing on the cake of a bad experience. I will never stay in a Country Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank wcarter123
Reviewed January 13, 2010

From the begining a disaster... Given room nr 102 with key cards to 105.. Three attempts with desk personnel to finally get it right.. Reserved a room with a crib.. was told we did not..I had my copy of the reservation in car showing the request for crib.. Was told by desk "Im not saying your lieing but there was not request a crib in room". Then only maintenence personnel are allowed to get the cribs ?? but she was unable to contact him ?? When we went into the room we were greeted with a musty odor.. While waiting on the crib we got the sofa bed ready for our oldest child.. The sheets on the sofa bed had food crumbs and hair on it.. Desk didnt need maintence to get me sheets... Maintence showed up two hours after checking in with crib.. If we werent so tired from traveling we would have left...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tiogued
kmp-crhi, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling 301.645.6595 (or) via email at cx_wamd@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Warm regards, Kunal Patel, General Manager.

Reviewed November 7, 2009

We had to stay here as part of a wedding party. This place is disgusting. The rooms were dirty and it had that fake deodorizer smell they use to cover up odors. The bathrooms floors were gritty, there were purple smears all over the bathroom wall. There were black smudges on the wall in the main room. The sheets were stained and so were the pillow cases. The pillows on the bed were half the size of a standard. Literally, they were the smallest I have ever seen. The mattress wasn't pushed all the way up to the wall and there was hair down between the mattress and the box springs.

The girl at the check in looked high and was beyond unhelpful. She wouldn't make eye contact and didn't bother to tell us where the elevator was to take us to our floor. She just let us go down the first hallway without saying a word. The room was cold and there was only a sheet and a very thin blanket on the bed and a nasty looking "comforter". When I called the front desk to ask for another blanket, she said they were out. Hello. It's November in Maryland, it gets cold here. How do you run out of blankets? And the hotel wasn't full. The coffee pot was dirty and the shampoo had already been opened.

And my friend whose wedding we were in had the worst time with her room block. They kept screwing up their reservations and could never give them an accurate number of guests who had booked rooms.

All in all, one of the worst hotels I've ever had the misfortune of staying in. If we weren't in the wedding, we would be trying to stay somewhere else at this very moment.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcorgan07
kmp-crhi, Gene at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Reviewed July 5, 2009

The hotel was tricky to find. Due to a median in the road, it is difficult to make the left turn at the appropriate place. Twice I passed the entrance and had to turn around. Also, the hotel is tucked back behind Comfort Suites and wasn't easy to fine intially. The hotel lobby is very nice, clean, looks new. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good. The hotel room was surpisingly larger than most hotel rooms. Room also included a fridge and microwave. We used the business center's internet access with no wait in line. We did not use the pool as it was crowded when we tried to go. The only negative experience was that noise does carry very easily through the hallways and vents of the rooms. We could here the kids playing in the pool all the way from the third floor! I would definately stay at this hotel again. Also was able to get a good deal from priceline here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hoosier_family_of_5
Reviewed January 29, 2009

My husband and I were getting away and doing some Christmas shopping at the same time...multi-tasking...the hotel was beautiful and the staff was very nice. The breakfast was awesome! We will definately be staying again! Thanks Country Inn & Suites for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nonni01
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I was in town for a conference in Washington DC and had decided that instead of dealing with the hustle and bustle of the city that I would stay in a town near by. The location was wonderful since it was not near the main highway. The Front desk staff was very polite and helpful. The room was excellent and I always had a clean room the next day. I have been recommending this hotel to my friends and family ever since I got back home.

I would come back again and again even if it is not for business.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Travelor1986