“Excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I checked in on the night of July 25th. Excellent check in service. I really wanna give thanks to my housekeeper. She did her normal routine. Knocked on the door, announced who she was then asked if I would like service today. Since I been in housekeeping over a year now I know its kinda awkward cleaning while the guest is still inside because you never know what the guest is thinking. So I warmed my pizza up and left the room and went to the business center. I came back and she informed me that she will be back later to finish cleaning. I didn't ask why she couldn't finish now because I don't know what's going on. She said she was coming back so I gotta take her word for it. I am actually writing this review while I am still in my room here. Country Inn please aknowledge the housekeeper that cleaned room 208 on the morning of July 26th. Im big on customer service after working at Key Bridge Marriott and currently DC Marriott Marquis. Overall I loved the service here

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
pttsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights for an event near by at the Maryland International Raceway. The location was perfect. The hotel room was very clean. The service was great and also the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. Definitely will be returning in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Herschberg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful, but our overall experience at the hotel was not what I would normally choose.

The day we arrived hotel guests were sitting outside drinking beer; most of the nights we were there someone was sitting on the chairs outside drinking. Not the best first impression.

The door to the pool area didn't close properly so the common areas on the first floor smelled strongly of chemicals.

I am not entirely certain, but it didn't seem to me that the steps leading up from the lobby to the second floor were ever cleaned during our eight night stay.

Our first room had a strange, musty smell. By the second day of our stay we realized that it was mold/mildew. The water from the shower was somehow leaking from the bathtub under the wall into the bedroom area. The carpet all along the bathroom wall was soaked. Again, the staff were helpful and got us into a new room. Once we switched rooms it felt like an entirely different hotel because we weren't dealing with the smell anymore.

It almost seemed as if some people were using this hotel as a short term rental or long term lodging option. One woman in particular was in the lobby chatting with the front desk staff at all hours of the day every day. From the bits of conversations I heard she was well known by all the staff.

One night when we returned to our hotel there were four police cars parked outside. I'm not sure why they were there but it didn't make me feel any better about our choice of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Sarah M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this review, July 24, 2014

Travelers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I spend a lot of time traveling for work, and I've stayed at a lot of hotels. This is is by far the worst hotel I've stayed at in the past 15 years. The entire Hotel was hot. The bottom floor reeks of chlorine. The whole place just feels dirty in general. The staff did not seem concerned about my problems. I had to get new keys half way through my stay (1 week) because they just stopped working. There was a fight in the hall way and I called the front desk to inform them. They said they were taking care of it and they were aware of the situation because they told me the room number that was having the issue. And they did absolutely nothing to fix it, another guest had to get involved to stop the fight. The walls are paper thin so you can hear *everything* going on in the room next to you. Cops walked through the hotel on more than one occasion, which definitely did not make me feel like I was at a safe hotel. I ended my stay early in the middle of the night and decided to pay for another hotel because of how bad an experience I was having.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you're on a road trip, keep driving north or south. If you're in Waldorf for work, Commute from somewhere else. I would do pretty much anything to avoid staying at this location after the experience I had. Seriously. Don't stay here.

After my stay I was sent a survey which I filled out very honestly, I received a cookie cutter, "We'll address these issues for your next stay" email, on which the general manager spelled my name wrong. It's the overall lack of attention to detail that makes this hotel just awful.

Room Tip: Stay off the first floor unless you love the smell of chlorine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service and safety is our number one concern. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Roscoe, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family was booked to stay here for 5 days and were planning on heading into D.C. for day trips. After 1 night we checked out because the room had "plug in" air fresheners all over it and the floral smell was over powering. The hotel itself smelled strongly of chlorine from the pool because the door was so warped it wouldn't shut completely. The hot tub was the same temperature as the pool. The shower had a crack in the bottom and water leaked into the carpeted area and made a huge mess. To top it off when I looked out the window there appeared to be public housing a few feet from the hotel property with a short fence between. I hope the "fireworks" I heard were actually fireworks. My kids slept horrible and told me they were afraid-so was I. There was nothing that could have made me stay there another minute. The area is shady to say the least.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sallieanne611

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Kendallville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My family stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Waldorf on June 5th through the 8th, 2014. There were a couple of towels when we checked in on Thursday and were not able to get any more towels during our stay. There was a group of 16 of us there for my son's wedding and none of us were able to get any towels. We were trying to get ready for the wedding on Saturday and had to dry with small hand towels and washcloths! On Saturday morning when I asked for towels, I was told that housekeeping was not in yet. I wanted to ask, "Do they take them all home with them at night when they leave?" I saw a previous comment from a manager to another person's complain about the towels and she stated that they aren't able to always have EXTRA. We were not asking for EXTRA! Just a towel to take a shower with. Upon checking out I was asked how my stay was. As I proceeded to tell the girl at the desk that I was disappointed in our stay, she kept interrupting me as I was talking. Her excuse was that they were busy and the towels were "first come first serve". Are you kidding me! I've NEVER stayed at a hotel where towels are "first come first serve". We asked to have our room cleaned after we left, early afternoon on Saturday and the room was never cleaned. The used towels/washcloths in our room were never picked up our entire stay. Sadly, this is a nice hotel, but will never stay there again. They don't even have the "normal" expected amenities there. My suggestion...if you don't have enough towels....buy more. You are mismanaging your business and losing patrons over towels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank lcconley24
Princeton, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My family of five stayed at this hotel this past weekend. We could not get five towels to take a shower until after a day of staying although we begged housekeeping and two front desk attendants. We could not get two more pillows, so three of us had only one flat pillow to sleep on. Our room was never cleaned on Saturday and I ended up taking up the trash and going to get trash bags and shampoo for the next day. I guess if you want to stay here you need to bring your own pillows and towels, even though you essentially pay for them with your hotel fee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 34angelaw
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites of Waldorf, MD wasn't as comfortable as you would have liked it to be. During the summer we are extremely busy and we try very hard to have extra towels and pillows on hand just in case a guest requests extra during their stay. Sometimes it just isn't posssible to accomadate all of the requests due to us only having so many of each item on hand. I hope that this doesn't stop you from staying with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldorf
Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf
Residence Inn Waldorf
Residence Inn Waldorf
#3 of 12 in Waldorf
4.5 of 5 stars 80 reviews

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf? Share your experiences!