“wonderful stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here everyone at the hotel was very friendly. Your front desk clerk Mercedes was extremely helpful she help me on the computer and when i had a problem with my tv she came to the room right away and fixed the issue.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Catherine,

First of all Thank You very much for taking a moment to write about us. I Mercedes is off today but i will make sure that she gets the compliment. Thank you once again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days and was not ready to leave but unfortunately have to go back to work, it was me and my husband 3yr annivesary we're from Virginia. We decided to take a drive to Maryland we went to look at 3 different hotels when we arrived in Waldorf Maryland and was not satified with those. Country Inn & Suites was the 4th hotel we went too and soon as we walked in it was warm and inviting FRESH SMELL NICE AND CLEAN. The staff was very nice and friendly the room was very fresh smelling and clean. The breakfast was great, we will be back to stay soon, we recommend viewers to choose this hotel. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Vernon W,

We are very glad that you chose our hotel for your third anniversary. We are also glad that you found our hotel to your very liking. Your response means a lot to us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights while visiting the area for a family reunion. The front desk staff was helpful and check in and out was without a problem. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Our only concern was upon first entering the room, it has an old mildew smell. Although, it appeared the cleaning staff tried hard to cover the smell as best they could. But, I think it's in the curtains. Their was also a strange smell coming from the carpet as if something spilled. The beds were ok but the pillows were very small. Overall, I think it's time to start refurbishing the rooms. Newer furniture, curtains, carpet, and paint will make a huge difference down the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Darcy56,

Thank you for your response. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel. However i was a little concerned about the mildew smell. Since we are not able to locate your room number can you please give us a call at the hotel so I can discuss more about this issue with you over the phone. We would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for five days while visiting the DC area and really enjoyed it. The staff was great and very helpful. The hotel was packed all week yet the staff was aleays smiling and helpful. Breakfast wasvery good although the breakfast room stayed packed so we usually ate in our room which was fine as well. Very clean throughout the hotel. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Joe,
Thank you for staying with us. Your response is very important to us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Mr. Sandesh Piya was wonderful called our room to see if our family of 5 was okay, that's 1st class. to us that shows he ready cares about guest. The best Exquisite Hotel in Waldorf, MD ! The staff was fantastic and everything was wonderful from the moment we walked in to the moment we had to check out. First Class service, hospitalable, and absolutely the best! Breakfast was awesome, the ladies that worked each morning served us with a smile and were so kind. They did everything to make sure that we were comfortable, It was so nice to have warm cookies, coffee,coco and tea, fresh fruit in the nice clean lobby great place to sit and relax. The other hotel guests were all very friendly as well. I guess happy staff makes happy guest. Our 3 kids loved the pool and my hubby enjoyed the fitness center . We will refer friends there for sure! Thank you Mr. Sandesh Piya & staff for an incredible stay and we thank you so much for a making our trip a memorable one! The quality that you have is above the rest for sure! "Hats Off to You" for incredible service, great location, and the best staff ever!

Room Tip: great and around!!!!!

Good Morning Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking a moment of your time to write and rate about us. We are very glad that you found the hotel to your very liking. I would also like to thank you for the positive comments about me and my staff. We hope to see you again if your travel brings you to DC metro area.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The front desk attendants, Brian and Mercedes, were both extremely hospitable and attentive to the needs of my family and I upon our recent stay at CI & S in Waldorf, MD. Their energy and zest to ensure we had what we needed was a definite plus to secure our return. The breakfast was delicious, the pool was clean, and the fitness room was enjoyable. We had a minor issue one night with the toilet in our room, and Brian did not hesitate to assist us with getting that issue resolved immediately. Thanks for a home-like stay. The price was extremely affordable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sandesh P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Mrs. Johnson
I hope you are having a wonderful morning. I would like to thank you very very much for taking a moment of your time to write about your wonderful experience at our hotel. I am glad you find our hotel and the staff to your liking and i have already passed on the compliments to Mercedes and Brian during our meeting this morning. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities. We also have our weekly Managers Reception from 5pm to 7pm for all the guest every Wednesday. If for any reason your travel brings you back to DC area, please give me a call and i will personally take your reservation. I hope to see you in the near future.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The hotel was clean and safe, the rooms were nice and the staff was helpful. Parking was adequate, although the hotel is kind of hidden from the road. The pool is small and crowded and a little bit dirty, so I would avoid this. The dining room is kind of small but we didn't have any problems finding a seat. The breakfast bar attendant was extremely helpful and there was plenty of food.

A quick note about the area: Waldorf is an up and coming town. If you come from DC, be sure to take freeways, otherwise you will pass through some scary neighborhoods.

Room Tip: I requested a 3rd floor room because the last Country Inns I stayed at was noisy. I was accommodated...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Good Morning
Thank you for taking your time to write about our hotel.

Please come see us again if your travel brings you back to Washington DC area.