“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
North Carolina
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was my 1st time ever staying in a Country Inn & Suites chain. The check in staff was nice and the room was surprisingly large for a budget hotel. There was a considerable amount of open floor space and a lack of furniture. There was a Queen Anne chair but no foot stool which could easily fit. My parents were also staying here and in their room a King there was a foot stool. I had a room with 2 queens. The hotel shares a parking lot with the Comfort Suites across the way. We were there for a large family reunion so we had people in both hotels.

There is a breakfast in the morning. Its your typical continental with a waffle machine. The room itself was hot and stuffy and crowded. We ended up eating in our rooms (would have been nice to have a table) For reference the breakfast is EXACTLY the same across the street but the area is larger.

I didn't have any problems with my room and check out was easy enough. The room was clean, which is always nice, but there were no blankets. I know this is the middle of summer but having only the bedspread which i always remove the moment i get in any hotel regardless of hos nice it is was just unacceptable. I found 2 lightweight blankets in the closet above the room safe. The room door was strange. We were in the end room but the door did not close behind us. If you opened the door it stayed open, and had to be pulled shut when you left.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end of the hall so you don't have to hear foot traffic.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was my first time at this hotel. We were given a room that smelled badly of smoke and had only 1 bed instead of the 2 we asked for when reserving. It was a 100 degree day and the Air Conditioning in our room did not work!! I walked down to the front desk to tell them and the clerk claimed a maintenance man would come to my room. No one ever came, in spite of my 2 more calls I made to the front desk and waiting for several hours of discomfort in the heat in our room waiting for a maintenance man to arive. And if that discomfort of trying to sleep in a hot room wasn't enough, to add to our discomfort, there was no hot water during anytime during our 1 night stay!! It was awful to have the discomfort of sweating in the hot room without AC and on top of that to have to endure icy cold showers in the morning. The manager has not returned my messages to talk about this and unfortunately it appears that the management also does not care about following up with customers to provide any sort of rectification for the discomfort that we endured. . I would THINK AGAIN before reserving a room at this place! - Unless you don't mind uncomfortably hot room temps, ice cold showers and management that turns it's back on it's customers.! I recommend heading to the La.Quinta across the street instead. I've never had any issues like this there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maria1123

Travelers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was as advertsied and what I was expecting. The facility was clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The amenities of the room included a microwave and refrigerator. A number of restaurants in close proximity to the hotel as well as retail stores. The cost was reasonable.
If there is a vacancy there on my next trip to the area I will stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wsimm13075
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Very nice stay...everything was good. Staff very friendly...no Bed Bugs!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

was located near where i wanted to be. finding the hotel was a bit of a challenge however; there were 2-3 hotels all in the same cul de sac, with the signs off all the hotels bunched together. so i had missed it the first and second time time driving around. the hotel was not busy (thanksgiving weekend) . but got room beside swimming pool on 1st floor despite having booked 3 weeks in advance. rooms were clean. heat and air very dry, typical travel motel/hotel. as mentioned, there was a pool, but no other exercise facilities. expected more from a country inn. cant say i;d recommend or not, wasn;t all bad, but just not typical of other country inn's we've stayed

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Returned for annual stay during Thanksgiving weekend. Rooms are large and comfortable. Although there isn't a restaurant, there is a complimentary breakfast (waffles, toast, pastries, fresh fruit, etc.). Front desk staff was very helpful (thanks Mindy). The hotel is centrally located with lots of shopping and restaurants close by.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

I am a Group Travel Organizer who needed some local r & r!!! I took my 7 year old son here on Halloween weekend (which we don't celebrate, but he still likes to dress in costume & get candy)!!

Check in was a breeze, thanks to Mindy at the front desk; she is one very sharp young lady, with impeccable customer service skills. We checked into a room on the 1st floor, but ended up moving to the second floor due to the swimming pool smell & the noise!! Mindy did warn me in advance, but I figured it couldn't be that bad. Special thank you to Amelia and her wonderful housekeeping staff for going above & beyond to
accommodate us

Anyway, our 2nd floor room was wonderful! There was more than enough space for my son & I in this king bed suite. We had the same type room on the first floor, but this one seemed even bigger (thanks again to the front desk )!!! The bathroom was even spacious and I just loved the massage-style shower head. Everything in the room was very clean and neat.

We both enjoyed the indoor pool and whirpool. Breakfast was filling, but nothing fancy.

There are plenty of stores, restaurants, indoor family play places, a mall, etc. in very close proximity to this hotel.

All-in all, we had a wonderful stay. Thanks to everyone at this hotel for making us feel right at home!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family