TripAdvisor

Review of Lefty's BBQ

Lefty's BBQ
Ranked #19 of 173 Restaurants in Waldorf
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Since 1989, Lefty's has been serving barbecue and southern-style cuisine. We are a family-owned business that enjoys serving bold and flavorful dishes. So, stop on by...relax, enjoy the music and southern hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed September 7, 2019

We drove up from SE VA to go to Leftys's for BBQ chicken. My terminally ill roommate had worked on the building as a contractor years before and wanted to see the building, and I wanted to get the chicken. The staff at Lefty's did not disappoint--we were greeted pleasantly and the cashier was very courteous in taking our order. I decided on the white meat chicken with the sweet potato casserole and green beans, and we both are it all! Thanks, Lefty's, for still being there and making both our days! We'll be back again!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (57)

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Tucked away in a run-of-the-mill strip mall, the BBQ at Lefty's is not to be missed. Ribs (wet and dry), killer wings, and a BBQ chicken sandwich that was smack-your-lips delicious were the highlights of our meal. While the wait was long (a good sign) the staff were super-helpful and very friendly. If you're looking for a good meal just off Rte 301, look no farther than Lefty's.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I stopped at Lefty’s to pick up dinner for me and my family. There are a variety of menu options to choose from all with reasonable prices. The staff is extremely friendly and pleasant. Lefty’s give you the option to dine in or carry out. The portions are great and along with the prices. All the meals are cooked to order, therefore I advise you to call in and place your order as your wait time might be longer that anticipated. Lefty’s is great spot for either a couples date night or family dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I submitted my order online at 2:49pm and selected to pay in the restaurant. The site and my confirmation email said my order was for pickup at 3:09pm. I figured they would be a little busy today so I arrived 15 minutes later at 3:24pm to allow them a little extra time. When I arrived, the cashier went to the back, got a piece of paper and rang my order up and I paid. She said it would be ready shortly. After 10 minutes I inquired about my order and she said it was still being worked. I asked her if they just start working on my order when she rang it up. She shrugged her shoulders and said there are a lot of tickets ahead of yours. The couple that was in line when I arrived and placed there order in person at that time and not ahead of time online, received their order at 4:00pm. At 4:09pm I went back to the counter and asked why my order still wasn’t ready, an HOUR after it was supposed to be ready for pickup. She walked to the back and after a minute or so she came back out with my order. So, I didn’t receive my order that was placed online at 2:49pm to be picked up at 3:09pm until 4:10. This is totally unacceptable.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Lefty's catered my Dad's 100th Birthday Party on June 30, 2018 for 120 guest. There was nothing but praise from each guest on how delicious the food was and asking for Lefty's contact information. Not only was the food good but the staff could not have done a better job, efficient, prompt and courteous. Even the community center where we held the party complimented on the cleanliness, saying the kitchen was cleaned to perfection. Thank you LaTanya and Staff, Great Job!

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Lefty's BBQ? Share your experiences!