“Good for FREE wings”

Ranked #100 of 145 Restaurants in Waldorf
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Chili. Wings. Burgers. Sports.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service was pretty slow and we were the only ones in the restaurant, but I must say you cannot beat free wings. The same day the Nationals won by 7 to nothing we went in with our Nationals tickets to redeem our 6 free wings. And they're not just plain wings, you get to choose the sauce. That along with the appetizer of Nachos w/ Cincinnati chili was more than enough for a meal.

And watch out for the National Chilidog day... you get a free Nathans hot dog loaded with the Chili of your choice if I remember correctly.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food was good. I ordered the baby back ribs, they were a little bit spicy but overall very good.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been to several different Hard Times places. I have been here several times but not in the past six months until the other day. The chili was miserable and tasted like it was made a week or so earlier. Nasty. Onions were not fresh and cheese was dry. The corn bread was not fresh. The restaurant did not appear to be kept in good shape and was dingy. The waitress was the brightest part but only average in doing her job and making us welcome. Almost made us feel like we were imposing on her time by being there. Think this was my last venture into hard times. At least this location. Not in close competition with places like Ben's in DC, Four Star or Blue Ash of Cincy, OH.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was good but the waitress was horrible. After we were done eating it took the waitress forever to pick up our plates. Then it took here even longer to bring us the bill. We gave here a tip of $1 which is probably more than she deserved.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a lot to choose from with various restaurants in the immediate area but I choose to go with a place known for the chili. At least the waiter said they were known for the chili. He was pretty knowledgable and efficient. Brought me a sampler of the 4 types they offered. I should have stopped there or redirected my dinner choice. Out of the 4...and you will not believe this...the vegetarian chili was the best. Lots of flavor and texture. The texas style tasted burnt and too brown for me. The cincinnati was decent but lacked pizzaz so I chose a blend of that and the 4th which was spicier ( and which I forgot the name of ). Ok look, the chili over pasta was a good portion and the cheese and onion was a help but could not pull the chili out of the hole. The texture of all their meat chilis is very fine like paste and I find that to be "anti chili". I want chili to be hearty, meaty and with texture. This was not. The kitchen work area was as dark as my closet
and it made me wonder how the cooks could see at all. The place is a little scruffy and could probably use a good tune up. Since I have now blasted the chili I will leave the decor alone...that is a another story by itself.

Been to Hard Times Cafe? Share your experiences!