“Cozy, but food not up to par”
Review of Brasas Rotisserie & Grill - CLOSED

Brasas Rotisserie & Grill
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Berry Road
Description: Taking inspiration from all over Latin America, the Caribbean and our own back yard. We have redefined the concept of comfort food, pastas, steaks and seafood all with a twist!
Reviewed April 12, 2012

When it first opened, it was very nice, the food came out quick and hot & juicy, recently attended a private birthday party there, and while the decor was very reminiscent of a cool club, I was very disappointed in the food. my chicken was quite dry and tasteless, others seemed to enjoy their meals but hey, I went to popeyes after!

1  Thank Simplycuban

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Strange waitress, very klutzy, spilled the sauce for the yucca all over the place. Some landed on my purse. No apologies.

Food kind of dried out, not like it used to be.

4  Thank sleekcheetah
Reviewed November 21, 2011

There was a roach in my coffee...downhill from there. The food was unappealing. The waiter was nice but too busy to wait on all the tables.

4  Thank rallye56
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The owner of the restaurant is truly the problem. If you are a person who enjoys eating at restaurants that honor their customers and appreciate their business, DO NOT EAT HERE. If the owner doesn't know good customer service, what expectation can you have of their establishment?

Sure, the food is fine for the most part. But after going on a date night with my husband, we decided to bring my whole family back the following week. We've been in Waldorf for over 20 years and we like supporting the few mom & pop shops in our region. Unfortunately, Brasas's owner treated us with such disrespect that no one in my family will ever return.

For a restaurant who is known for its chicken, why did we find out 30 minutes after we ordered that they were out of chicken wings? And an hour and a half after we ordered (yes, we still did not have all our food after an hour and a half), we found out they were out of chicken skewers as well. My nephews never received their little kids meals (chicken fingers and a grilled cheese). The chicken fingers were always supposedly "on the grill right now" and after an hour of waiting, the waiter finally notified us they were out of bread. So no grilled cheese unless we wanted it on a toritlla. To sum up our food experience, half of the guests I brought (and referred to this restaurant!) either never got what they ordered or found out ridiculously late that they didn't have it in stock.

Even with such a terrible wait and with such poor planning on the management's part (were they prepared to cook anything that night?), my family was still willing to forgive them and give them another chance. It was the day after Halloween and maybe management just didn't have the forethought to plan well after their Halloween party. Sure...we're all for second chances.

But then after the waiter wouldn't allow me to use my Groupon for the full priced items because other people at our table took advantage of the Happy Hour specials, we wanted to see the manager. We could not believe that after all the customer service issues we'd experienced that night that they would give us problems about anything. They should have discounted our food just out of good courtesy. We had just spent over $160! Surely, $30 off the bill wouldn't hurt anyone.

Well the owner was there and proceeded to argue with us about how we would have to pay full price for everything ordered at the table in order to use the Groupon. She was not apologetic for any of the problems we experienced. All she did was make excuses and argue. She told us our only choice was to pay full price or not use the Groupon. What owner do you know that argues with customers who just patronized their business and makes excuses for not being able to produce a grilled cheese sandwich? I mean seriously. It takes two minutes to make that sandwich. Why did it take an hour for us to be told there was no bread? And I mean a literal HOUR. No exaggeration.

We paid for our food and walked out feeling disturbed and very unappreciated. I reported them to Groupon and Groupon refunded me.

Service is everything. Brasas completely fails in that department.

6  Thank Leah O
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Brasas was rated #1 on Trip Advisor, but our group was disappointed. Whenever we travel, we always visit Trip Advisor rated restaurants. Brasas was average, food was OK, music was too loud, even after it was turned down. Waitress did not do a good job answering questions about menu selections, so some of my party members were disappointed when their orders were delivered. Not bad, but not memorable either.

5  Thank SouthCarolinaPaul