WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
MIDLOTHIAN
“Lesuire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Was there under the employee rate. It was the closed hotel to Alexandria,VA where we went to visit. We did not have the right bed types so the manager was nice to give us breakfast each morning for us for free.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take care of you since we didn't have the correct room type. You know as a fellow employee how important servicing our guests is to us no matter who they might be. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anthony McKitrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is an excellent place to stay with families and there are a lot of shopping and eating places to go that you do not have to drive far. You cannot go wrong with this place! This is my second time at staying in this place and it is always a pleasure!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank rommelr736
Dear rommelr736.

I am happy to read that we are your first choice to be your home away from home while in the Waldorf area. We are fortunate to have a great location with easy access to shopping and dinning! We look forward to seeing you in our family again soon!

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a nice room and was able to get breakfast for free since that did not have the room types we needed. We stayed here since this was the closest hotel to Alexandria that gave me the employee rate.,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ParrottHead25,

Thank you very much for staying with us under the employee travel program. I'm sorry we did not have the correct room type you requested avaiable upon your arrival. I am glad to hear however that we made it right by taking care of breakfast for you. As a fellow employee you know how important service is to our guests no matter who they are. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manage
Waldorf, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very attentive staff, clean updated rooms, excellent food and drink, nice dining and bar area. Beautiful lobby and furnishings. Quick check in and check out! The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a chain hotel. Very convenient pantry at check in for those items you forgot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Catherine,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed everything about our hotel and especially the beds! We have the exclusive Hilton Garden Inn sleep system beds which are adjustable air mattresses with whool tops. I find myself sleeping better on them then in my own home. We hope you'll be returning again soon!

Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I will get right to the point. This is a wonderful hotel. I had booked (or thought I had) a room for my stay. While checking in at the desk, it was discovered I booked the room for the night before, not the day I needed it (stupid me!) So, I'm standing there feeling 6 inches tall when the service rep, "Kelsy" tells me, it will be ok. They can take care of it. Kelsy was amazing and so friendly, as was the manager who I met a few times in passing. When I got to my room, I noticed it was by the ice machine and elevator. I always ask to be away from these areas when I reserve a room but since I messed that up, I really couldn't say too much. However, even though my room was right beside the elevator, I never heard anything. Also, the ice machine is in a separate room, where you have to go thru a door to get to it, so guess what...Everyone doesn't hear it. Nicely done. The room was very spacious as my wife and I both had a lot of "gear" for the trip we were on. The bathroom was really nice with a walk in shower with a glass door, not a shower curtain. The room was clean and inviting. I saw several hotel staff who ALWAYS stopped to say hello. Many of the staff were doing touch up preventative maintenance painting things. Just shows the hotel takes care of itself. I had a good night sleep. I heard a group of kids run down the hall one or twice but nothing to be concerned with. All noise ceased by about 10 pm. For breakfast I decided to go see what the "rude restaurant staff" thing was all about...Can't figure that out either because they were some of the most attentive polite ladies I have seen. They went out of their way to talk to everyone, greet them, welcome them," yas maam, no sir, thank you etc." It was better then most restaurant chains. Food was good as well. This hotel is a kepper and we will be back. Awesome job. thx.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Stickman9

Thanks so much for writing about your experience and all the wonderfull staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf. We all sincerely enjoy taking care of our guests and it's wonderful to read about when we've succeeded. We really hope you'll be joining us again in the future when you're back in Maryland. Hopefully this time I'll get to meet you too!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Reported the dining area to the front desk and the staff were aware of the rudeness in the dining area. During dinner, were wait at least 10 minutes before I approached the server to ask were we going to be waited on. Then we were informed that they had no knifes, and only one menus. The glasses that our drinks were served in were cracked. Overall dining problems period during Breakfast and Dinner were my biggest issue. Upon arrival, we were never greeted by the front desk staff after waiting at least 15 minutes to be served. This is the worst Hilton that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

amckitrick, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Pamelaw620,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Needless to say I am extremely uncomfortable reading your comments. This is certainly not the norm here at the Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf and I would love the opportunity to invite you back so we may show you how outstanding we really are on a daily basis. Pleaes contact me at your convenience. Thanks again.

240-222-0000
New Market MD, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel kicked us out of our Fri nite rooms for wedding on Saturday. Diasterous for preparations for wedding like hair styling,makeup and plain relaxing before big event. We had to stay at another hotel and wedding party had to rush back and get ready in a board room instead the comfort of the suites we lost.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Elaine,

I am truly sorry for the experience you and your guests had. Preparig for a big wedding day is very stressful and we did absolutly everything we could to make that as stress free and comfortable as possible to make up for your relocation. The complimentary use of our larger boardroom, complimentary appetizers, accomodating nearly every guest for an early arrival and keeping the bar open 4 hours later than usual after the wedding seemed to be very well receieved by the wedding party. Thank you for staying with us and we are all sincerely sorry for the inconveniences that may have been caused.