“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great customer service, Vicky the server was polite and quick with service. Tevis the chef yum yum great food ad was very accommodating because I am a very picky eating but he had no problem fixing my food the way I wanted, Great job to both Vicky and Tevis. I will be back thanks to them.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portsmouth, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

As always HGI rooms are a good value but this particular HGI restaurant for the evening meal left much to be desired. Wife and I will never eat the evening meal there again, if I should ever stay there again. And this comes from a Hilton Honors Diamond member.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We certainly appreciate your business! I am very sorry that your experience in the restaurant was less than what you have come to expect when staying at Hilton properties. Please let me know the next time you are in town, and I will personally make sure your meals exceed your expectations! You can always count on my team to deliver exceptional service!
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was a very nice clean hotel, Ther people who worked here were very friendly and always ready to help. I enjoyed the Breakfast a lot. The Chef Tevis was very pleasant and made a fantastic omelet without me having to wait forever for it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know the next time you are in town; we'd love to host you again!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The staff is wonderful and provides excellent customer service. From the front desk staff (Special thanks to Stacy, Andrea, Sade, and Hannah) to the warm morning staff at the restaurant, you will be well taken care of during your stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I loved the computer room, pool and fitness center.
Breakfast made to order is cooked by Chef Tevis Cooper and it is delicious and makes the stay worthwhile.
I was here on business and highly recommend you stay. You won't regret it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We take great pride in providing our guests with great service! I am so glad you were able to experience our breakfast and the great servers and chefs we have. We certainly look forward to your return here at the Garden.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. It is very clean with good service and located next to a nice mall and places to eat. Their in hotel restaurant could use a new menu. I didn't find the food very appealing. It did not fit the nice appearance of the dining area. I had a nice stay and the staff were very friendly and eager to help.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Waldorf Hilton provided a pleasant stay during a nasty snow storm. The rooms were in excellent/clean condition; the front desk staff couldn't have been more friendly and the dining room serves delicious dinner meals with great service. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any length of stay.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a pretty standard Hilton Garden. The shine is a little faded perhaps. And I always have to remember breakfast is NOT free as with other Hilton brands, though you aren't reminded of this. The restuarant for dinner is certainly nothing special but does the trick if you don't want to got out. But the staff really stood out. Super friendly checkin, all problems/issues fixed and attended to. Thank you!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff takes pride in providing a great atmosphere for our guests. Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and our property!