“Uncaring Management Team”

Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during a business trip, and I couldn't wait to leave.

Pros
--Quiet, Clean facility
--The bartender, Victor, was very knowledgeable and friendly. It seemed like he knew most of the guests by their first name.

Cons
--The AC/heat unit in my room was set to a default temperature of 77 degrees when it didn't detect any motion (there was a motion sensor wired into the system). I woke up every night during my stay around 2am covered in sweat because the room was 76-77 degrees. I complained to the General Manager after my second night, and she said that the temp wasn't right and she would see to it that the unit was fixed. Well that never happened, even after I filed a complaint for a second day in a row.
--The breakfast is a complete ripoff. $10.95 for a bagel, coffee, and orange juice?!?! Yes, you have the option of having a hot breakfast cooked-to-order by their chef, but I am not a big breakfast person.
--Housekeeping didn't replace any of the used/emptied toiletries throughout the week.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback about your recent stay! Allow me to personally apologize to you for the lack of follow through we provided you during your stay with us. It is always our goal to provide 100% customer service to each and everyone of our guests. Please allow me to show you we take pride in our service and our amenities at our hotel. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I can tell you that I have sayed at many Hiltons and this one tops most of them. Great staff and very accomadating.
Victor at the Bar/Resturant was the best I have ran into in a long time
Thank you Victor for making my week long stay so amazing.
Diamond at check in counter you have an amzing smile and great attitude

Room Tip: Don't pass this one up!!!!!! Truly Amazing Hilton Thank you hilton family
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us feedback! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff treated you well! Should you be in the area again, please feel free to reach out to me directly!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall, this property was great for my business around the beltway. The staff informed me of their AAA discount which at the time was $85/night. Great value, good location, friendly staff. I wish all my business hotel choices were this easy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel was clean and the staff was exceptional. Kudos to the woman bartender who was a nice a person you could ever meet. Breakfast was made to order. Pancakes are the size of the plates and you get two. Location was wonderful especially for anyone looking to shop. Walking distance is a lake or pond filled with fish and turtles which love to be fed. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed at this property and as usual was very pleased at cleanliness of the rooms and public areas. The rate was also very competitive for comparable hotels in the area. I was also impressed with the manager who offered great suggestions on what to do in the DC area, she was very knowledgeable and professional. Overall, A+ rating!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad our associates were able to provide you a great customer service experience and our rooms were comfortable for you. Should you be in the area again, we would love to host you again!

Thank you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was clean. We used our Hilton honors which got us a great breakfast each day. The room was very quiet. As with other Garden Inns, they have warm cookies in the evening at the desk. Don't wait to long to get one... When they gone they are gone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lightbydesign
Amanda D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! It was great to hear you enjoyed our rooms!

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. Hilton Garden Inns are not my favorite Hilton hotel. I am a Diamond member which means I travel quite a bit.

Rooms: Extremely clean. Comfortable beds (but the bed controls did not seem to change the softness). Quiet. Did not hear anything, which meant a good nights sleep.

Internet: Fast and easy to connect to.

TV: Need more channels. Bravo would be nice.

Lobby: Clean. Nice.

Staff: The nicest I have met. They go out of their way to make you feel at home and not just another guest. Laughter and smiles seems to be a constant with the staff! Love the bartender! Makes a perfect Martini!

Parking: no issues.

Close to restaurants and shopping.

I would recommend this hotel if staying in Waldorf.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank na n

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! It was great to hear you found the front desk team to be very helpful. We pride ourselves on great customer service!

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!