Residence Inn Waldorf
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Waldorf(Waldorf)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbasketball courttacosnight staysbedroom suiteexercise roomfull size fridgecoffee makeroutdoor poolyogurtkitchen sinkhotel is locatedbreakfast hoursrooms are cleanparking lottoilet papera great staygreat customer service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely be returning to the Residence Inn in the near future. I booked a 1 bedroom suite which accomadated a total of 5 people. ( two queens in one bedroom and a full size sofabed in the living room area. The suite came equipped with a fully loaded kitchen with extra amenities. The compliementry breakfest was blah but it served its purpose. Other than this I had no concerns.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was a ministry trip for 4 and we found this hotel to be just what we were looking for. We were able to come in and get hot coffee and sit in the lounge area and reflect on our service that night. The area has loads of eateries and we were thoroughly satisfied.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor were nice and I just love that we have a full size refrigerator and freezer.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yvonne N
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that you will visit again when you are in the southern Maryland, Washington, D.C. area.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am a software engineer and a consultant who traveling every week and have a platinum status with Marriott. I stayed this hotel from 2013 Feb 24 to Feb 28 at residence inn at Waldorf, MD. After 4 days of stay I checked out on last Thursday (02/28/2013) and received an email from the hotel manager on the same day that we charged you $250.00 for you smoking in the room.
I know that Marriott is a smoke free hotel and I don't smoke at all. They have sent 5 pictures of cigar ashes in the room where I stayed. I call the hotel manager and tried to explain my innocence but he didn't take it. I have called the Marriott customer relation department and explained the concern but no replay from them.

I took a drug test (for all drugs plus nicotine) on the next day to prove my innocence since they provided the false evidence of pictures. If someone smokes, we can find it from a drug test (from urine or blood) within 2 to 14 days. Today I have received the result of my nicotine use drug test and it is negative.

When I checked in the hotel, there was a little smell but i didn't able to recognize since I was under medication for the sinus infection (I do have proof for the medication). The hotel may recognize the same smell after I checked out but they need evidence for charging me $250, so that’s why they may put the ashes in the room and took the pictures for the evidence for charging me $250. My concern is I am not a smoker, I didn’t violate their policy and I got charged for the mistake that I never I did it. They were created these false evidences and charged these fees are not acceptable.

So please verify everything with the front desk before you check out otherwise you will see some surprise from this hotel soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank RTHOMAS0721
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for its proximity to Upper Marlboro. This hotel had many stores and restaurants around it. The rooms were spacious, because they are suites. Very clean. They serve a hot continental breakfast. The eggs...well I didn't really like them. However, I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. If you want to venture into DC, it's about a 40 minute drive. However, it's an "easy" 40 minutes. If you want to hit the casino, Maryland Live, it's about a 50 minute drive. The drive isn't bad at all. Free parking!!! That's sometimes a rarity in the DC/MD area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I found the hotel and staff to be adequate, but if you are a business traveler, this may not be the best hotel for your needs. I've stayed here twice and both times found there to be many families (w/children) living in the hotel temporarily. This sometimes causes an issue when it comes to using the guest computer or finding seating in the breakfast area. Also, the noise level from kid play and chatter can get a bit high in the evenings.

If you're looking for a quite business atmosphere, this might not be the hotel for your needs. It is close to eats, shopping, gas and hwys.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KennetteR
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not more than adequate. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority.

Residence Inn by Marriott is designed not only for business travelers, but also for extended stay guests such as families who are relocating to or from the area.

Please feel free to contact our Management Team, should you travel to the Waldorf area again, so that we may personally ensure you have a more enjoyable stay.

Tonya D. Mickey