“Great place for a great rate!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Waldorf

Residence Inn Waldorf
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great place for a great rate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for its proximity to Upper Marlboro. This hotel had many stores and restaurants around it. The rooms were spacious, because they are suites. Very clean. They serve a hot continental breakfast. The eggs...well I didn't really like them. However, I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. If you want to venture into DC, it's about a 40 minute drive. However, it's an "easy" 40 minutes. If you want to hit the casino, Maryland Live, it's about a 50 minute drive. The drive isn't bad at all. Free parking!!! That's sometimes a rarity in the DC/MD area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I found the hotel and staff to be adequate, but if you are a business traveler, this may not be the best hotel for your needs. I've stayed here twice and both times found there to be many families (w/children) living in the hotel temporarily. This sometimes causes an issue when it comes to using the guest computer or finding seating in the breakfast area. Also, the noise level from kid play and chatter can get a bit high in the evenings.

If you're looking for a quite business atmosphere, this might not be the hotel for your needs. It is close to eats, shopping, gas and hwys.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KennetteR
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not more than adequate. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority.

Residence Inn by Marriott is designed not only for business travelers, but also for extended stay guests such as families who are relocating to or from the area.

Please feel free to contact our Management Team, should you travel to the Waldorf area again, so that we may personally ensure you have a more enjoyable stay.

Tonya D. Mickey
Director of Sales
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed for one night on our way to Florida. Travel with pets and they gave us an end room suite with easy access to the pet walk area. The suite was very clean, up to my very high standards. The breakfast in the am was good. We took muffins, coffee, fruit and yogurt for the ride. Their coffee is excellent! The front desk was very professional. Definitely would stay here again. The area has many stores and restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf. Our associates strive to make your stay feel like a home away from home.

We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of the feedback.

If you are in the southern Maryland area in the future, please come again.

Residence Inn Waldorf
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on two previous occasions and it was wonderful, which is why I chose it, and boy have I been disappointed. Don't know what they did to the bed but it's like a rock, in fact so much so that I've been sleeping on the tiny sofa because at least my bones don't hurt in the morning. Needless to say, not getting much sleep.

My profile is for a high floor for exactly the reason that I'm suffering through right now. Kids should NEVER be above people without kids. The kids running back and forth late into the night drives me crazy. I know they're in a hotel but take them out to wear off that energy without disturbing people.

Let's talk about the dog that was across the hallway. I felt so bad for the little guy but he/she would bark and scratch the door when it heard anybody. I think it had separation anxiety and there was nothing I could do except listen to it. I mean I would call the front desk but that poor dog was left alone far too much.

The staff was hit or miss. At 5:00 AM she was downright nasty for no reason at all. I won't move now because I have to much stuff but will I stay here again in a few weeks when I return? There is no way in hell that I would stay here again. I can deal with the apathetic staff, the kids running around all day long, the barking dog, but I can't deal with a bed that is too uncomfortable to sleep in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Seasoned_Traveller56
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We appreciate all feedback so that we may continue provide excellent service to all of our guests. Our managers and staff welcome the chance to correct issues as they happen and we will do everything we can to provide a comfortable stay for all guests.
Management
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would definitely stay at this Residence Inn again! The staff was great and the rooms were also. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The only thing that I thought needed a little improvement was the breakfast, but it served its purpose none-the-less. Otherwise, nothing but good things to say about my stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lashew0031
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. Residence Inn Waldorf strives to make our guests feel at home. With this focus, we welcome any feedback on ways to improve our breakfast buffet.

We hope you will return again and again.

Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf
Upper Marlboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have frequented this hotel numerous times - always great service from the staff; always CLEAN accommodations; always clean Lobby, floors, elevators, parking lot, pool area, etc. -- consistently excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackson0006
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Four-story Residence Inn (RI) -- under 100 suites – by shopping center:

• Clean, modern burgundy décor & furnishings.

• Comfortable, spacious 1-bedroom suite with all RI amenities.

• Standard, hearty RI breakfasts & evening social fare (Mon., Tue., Wed.). *Convenient* if you're busy & haven't time or energy to prepare food in kitchenette. (Always hope for additional healthy choices: Greek yogurt, whole grain breads, & greater assortment of fresh fruit -- especially for repeat or long stays.)

• For evenings when food isn’t served at RI, numerous eateries nearby. Call-in order & pickup on your way home from a day’s activities. Approximately 5-10 minute drive to eateries on Crain Highway (US 301):
 -- Chipotle Mexican  (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km)
 -- Outback Steakhouse  (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km)
 -- Carrabba's Italian  (2.5 mi./ 4 km)

• For longer stays, if you’ve time & inclination to prepare meals in your furnished kitchenette, it’s about a 5-minute drive to groceries:
 -- Safeway (on 3051 Waldorf Pazza Dr.) -- 0.6 mi./ .96 km
 -- Giant Food (on 3297 Crain Hwy) -- 1.5 mi./ 2.4 km
 -- Target (on 3300 Western Pkwy) -- 1.5 mi./ 2.4 km
 -- Walmart (on 11930 Acton Lane) -- 2 mi./ 3.2 km

Niceties:

• Free internet/WiFi.

• Two computers & printer in seated area by lobby/ gatehouse to print documents & boarding passes.

• Laundry with enough washers & dryers to avoid waiting for a machine to be available.

• Free on-site self-parking.

• Smaller exercise room (with modern equipment) is a good alternative to trying to stroll in sidewalk-unfriendly area -- making after-dinner walks uninviting.

Approximate 50-min. drive -- depending on traffic -- (25 mi./ 40 km) to:

• Washington National Airport (DCA).

• DC, Washington Mall, Smithsonian Museums, Memorials, Sightseeing.

Comfortable short- or long-term stay whether traveling with family, as a couple, or alone on business. You won't be disappointed.  (Ideal for business traveler -- not as holiday destination.)

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank gnomemoss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldorf
Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf
La Quinta Inn Waldorf
La Quinta Inn Waldorf
#7 of 12 in Waldorf
3.5 of 5 stars 104 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Waldorf? Share your experiences!