Residence Inn Waldorf
$100
$74
$108
HIExpress.com
All reviewsbasketball courttacosnight staysbedroom suiteexercise roomfull size fridgecoffee makeroutdoor poolyogurtkitchen sinkhotel is locatedbreakfast hoursrooms are cleanparking lottoilet papera great staygreat customer service
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on two previous occasions and it was wonderful, which is why I chose it, and boy have I been disappointed. Don't know what they did to the bed but it's like a rock, in fact so much so that I've been sleeping on the tiny sofa because at least my bones don't hurt in the morning. Needless to say, not getting much sleep.

My profile is for a high floor for exactly the reason that I'm suffering through right now. Kids should NEVER be above people without kids. The kids running back and forth late into the night drives me crazy. I know they're in a hotel but take them out to wear off that energy without disturbing people.

Let's talk about the dog that was across the hallway. I felt so bad for the little guy but he/she would bark and scratch the door when it heard anybody. I think it had separation anxiety and there was nothing I could do except listen to it. I mean I would call the front desk but that poor dog was left alone far too much.

The staff was hit or miss. At 5:00 AM she was downright nasty for no reason at all. I won't move now because I have to much stuff but will I stay here again in a few weeks when I return? There is no way in hell that I would stay here again. I can deal with the apathetic staff, the kids running around all day long, the barking dog, but I can't deal with a bed that is too uncomfortable to sleep in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Seasoned_Traveller56
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

We appreciate all feedback so that we may continue provide excellent service to all of our guests. Our managers and staff welcome the chance to correct issues as they happen and we will do everything we can to provide a comfortable stay for all guests.
Management

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would definitely stay at this Residence Inn again! The staff was great and the rooms were also. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The only thing that I thought needed a little improvement was the breakfast, but it served its purpose none-the-less. Otherwise, nothing but good things to say about my stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lashew0031
RIWaldorf, Manager at Residence Inn Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. Residence Inn Waldorf strives to make our guests feel at home. With this focus, we welcome any feedback on ways to improve our breakfast buffet.

We hope you will return again and again.

Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have frequented this hotel numerous times - always great service from the staff; always CLEAN accommodations; always clean Lobby, floors, elevators, parking lot, pool area, etc. -- consistently excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackson0006
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Four-story Residence Inn (RI) -- under 100 suites – by shopping center:

• Clean, modern burgundy décor & furnishings.

• Comfortable, spacious 1-bedroom suite with all RI amenities.

• Standard, hearty RI breakfasts & evening social fare (Mon., Tue., Wed.). *Convenient* if you're busy & haven't time or energy to prepare food in kitchenette. (Always hope for additional healthy choices: Greek yogurt, whole grain breads, & greater assortment of fresh fruit -- especially for repeat or long stays.)

• For evenings when food isn’t served at RI, numerous eateries nearby. Call-in order & pickup on your way home from a day’s activities. Approximately 5-10 minute drive to eateries on Crain Highway (US 301):
 -- Chipotle Mexican  (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km)
 -- Outback Steakhouse  (1.5 mi./ 2.4 km)
 -- Carrabba's Italian  (2.5 mi./ 4 km)

• For longer stays, if you’ve time & inclination to prepare meals in your furnished kitchenette, it’s about a 5-minute drive to groceries:
 -- Safeway (on 3051 Waldorf Pazza Dr.) -- 0.6 mi./ .96 km
 -- Giant Food (on 3297 Crain Hwy) -- 1.5 mi./ 2.4 km
 -- Target (on 3300 Western Pkwy) -- 1.5 mi./ 2.4 km
 -- Walmart (on 11930 Acton Lane) -- 2 mi./ 3.2 km

Niceties:

• Free internet/WiFi.

• Two computers & printer in seated area by lobby/ gatehouse to print documents & boarding passes.

• Laundry with enough washers & dryers to avoid waiting for a machine to be available.

• Free on-site self-parking.

• Smaller exercise room (with modern equipment) is a good alternative to trying to stroll in sidewalk-unfriendly area -- making after-dinner walks uninviting.

Approximate 50-min. drive -- depending on traffic -- (25 mi./ 40 km) to:

• Washington National Airport (DCA).

• DC, Washington Mall, Smithsonian Museums, Memorials, Sightseeing.

Comfortable short- or long-term stay whether traveling with family, as a couple, or alone on business. You won't be disappointed.  (Ideal for business traveler -- not as holiday destination.)

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank gnomemoss
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn for two nights June 21 and 22 for personal leisure. We stayed at this property two years ago when attending a friend's wedding. We liked the area and the hotel so much, we decided to go back just for a brief getaway. I guess that says something in itself.

The property is less than 3 years old, so most everything is new and in very good condition. The hotel is located in a still-developing mixed-use technology park with shopping (a CVS drug store so far) and a low-rise office building behind the hotel with tech sector companies.

Upon check-in, we were greeted with smiling faces and a plate of chocolate chip cookies - a nice touch my wife loved! I booked the one bedroom suite with a fireplace. The suite featured a well-appointed kitchen, a dining area, a work desk, a living room with a sleeper sofa, a flat-panel TV above the gas-powered fireplace. A door separates the living/dining/kitchen area from the rest of the suite. Behind this door is a large, open area that contains a closet, a sink/vanity, the electrical panel, the bathroom (which contains the toilet and the tub/shower, which is behind another door), and behind still another door is the bedroom. The bedroom contains another closet and dresser drawers. There is also another flat-panel TV in the bedroom. There is a single bedside table and a nightstand with a clock radio. The lamps are mounted on the wall on either side of the bed. There is a large lamp on the dresser top as well. The windows do open slightly. Each room has complimentary wireless and wired Internet access.

There is a outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool, an indoor exercise room and a guest-operated laundry. A hot Breakfast is served every morning from 6:30 to 9:30 Monday to Friday and 7:00 to 10:00 on weekends. There is a wide variety of breakfast items, from hot sausage and eggs to fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. There is a waffle maker for your use also, as well as hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. A staple at Residence Inns and Courtyards are the Pantry - operated 24-hours a day with snacks and beverages. Monday through Wednesday the hotel hosts a manager's social with free food.

Each room is equipped with a coffee maker, coffee packs and a pack of microwave popcorn. You can make up a grocery list, submit it to the front desk by 9 AM and get your groceries delivered to your room later in the day. We didn't take advantage of that service. The hotel is designed for extended stays, so it does its best to become a home-away-from-home. One woman I met stated she had been there for ten (10) months.

There are scores of places to eat nearby. However, due to the sub-suburban nature of the area, you really need a car. We did not have a car, but, we were able to get across the busy highway to the Waldorf Marketplace Mall. There is also a mall across Festival Road just east of the hotel, where are still more places to shop and eat. Included in each room is a booklet from an online delivery service where you can order a meal for delivery either on the phone or online. You would need your own computer or mobile device to make use of the online ordering. I did order dinner Friday evening - a thunderstorm came up and didn’t want to get wet going out. We could have cooked a complete dinner in the really nice kitchen but I was just too lazy to do any cooking.

The only negative I would add is there is just one (1) elevator that both staff and guests use. There is a front door used by hotel guests and a rear door for hotel staff. So in the mornings, you have to wait a while for the elevator. Since the hotel is only four stories tall, I often opted to take the stairs to the lobby.

I highly recommend this Marriott property although, next time, I think I'll rent a car!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites with fireplaces seem to be located in the corners of the hotel, away from other guests. So, they are somewhat quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple