“Consistently good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Scranton
“Consistently good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying at this property to visit family in La Plata for about four years now. My most recent stay gave me the first glimpse of the newly renovated lobby which is quite an upgrade. The staff has always been helpful and though the rooms don't quite live up to the new, modern lobby, I'm sure that after their full renovation they will be top notch. I've had a few small issues in rooms to which the staff acted quickly, either fixing the problem or switching out to a different room. The breakfast is extensive and overall this hotel is a good value. It's my go-to when I'm in town visiting family and always my first suggestion to others traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staff was helpful and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was more than I expected. Only 2 complaints: 1. Furnishings and bed were nice and new looking but rug need replacing. It was ripped in one place and I almost tripped on it. 2. Pool was freezing cold. You would expect an indoor pool to be at least warm. It had to be about 70 degrees. Husband and I like to do laps in pools and it was too cold to do more than 2 laps. The reason I had picked this place was because of the pool. Weather had been nasty and I figured since they had a indoor pool we would be ok. Other than those 2 things we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Im a choice member at stay at a lot of comfort suites and this was my first time staying at this hotel, it was wonderful. The room was very clean and the staff was really helpful and friendly. Will be staying at this hotel when im in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Accokeek, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me my husband and my two children stayed at this hotel for a total of six nights & we loved it,everything was neat and in place,the staff all around the hotel were sooooo friendly and the manager was awesome,he always smiled & made us feel at home!! The rooms were very clean,the beds were comfortable. My kids went tothe pool everyday & loved it! Great hotel,we will defitnitley stay there more often!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way home. We booked 2 rooms for 2 adults, 6 kids. The rooms were dirty; the pool was dirty. The tv was broken in my room (and there were no options for new rooms or a new tv). I had concerns about a broken lock on the door as well.

Worst part was that I left my 2 year old's blanket that she sleeps with every night in the room. I left, realized it an hour into my trip home, and called the hotel. They left me on hold for 30 minutes, and then told me they found the blanket but couldn't send it (even though I said I would pay, of course). Only the manager could send on Monday, upon his return (it was Saturday). Monday I called and left a message and never got a call back. Tuesday I called (after days of listening to my child cry for her blanket) and left a message. I called BACK that night after not getting a call and they said they were looking for it and the manager was gone. This morning I got a call saying it was lost. They said they took lost and found seriously and would return even an earring back but they didn't have the blanket (clearly not as important as an earring back). This after I was told, on Saturday, that the blanket was found and in the girl's hands I was speaking to.

I called to complain and was told how awful it was and I could have 8000 points. This isn't enough for a night. This doesn't matter to me as I will NEVER stay at a choice hotel again. I am frustrated with the quality, with the lack of service, and most of all incredulous that they are lying about the blanket and have so little care for something so important.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

Bear, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our room was very clean and perfect for an overnight stay. The clerk at the desk went out of her way to get us hot chocolate when we came back from dinner. So nice of her! Ok location. I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Adelphi, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Great place to stay check in was fast., wonderful service, respectful staff. Room was nice and the bed was comfortable. I have enjoyed my stay each time I'v came here. Thank you for all of your help.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: ratings should cover it