“Wonderful stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Accokeek, Maryland, United States
“Wonderful stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me my husband and my two children stayed at this hotel for a total of six nights & we loved it,everything was neat and in place,the staff all around the hotel were sooooo friendly and the manager was awesome,he always smiled & made us feel at home!! The rooms were very clean,the beds were comfortable. My kids went tothe pool everyday & loved it! Great hotel,we will defitnitley stay there more often!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way home. We booked 2 rooms for 2 adults, 6 kids. The rooms were dirty; the pool was dirty. The tv was broken in my room (and there were no options for new rooms or a new tv). I had concerns about a broken lock on the door as well.

Worst part was that I left my 2 year old's blanket that she sleeps with every night in the room. I left, realized it an hour into my trip home, and called the hotel. They left me on hold for 30 minutes, and then told me they found the blanket but couldn't send it (even though I said I would pay, of course). Only the manager could send on Monday, upon his return (it was Saturday). Monday I called and left a message and never got a call back. Tuesday I called (after days of listening to my child cry for her blanket) and left a message. I called BACK that night after not getting a call and they said they were looking for it and the manager was gone. This morning I got a call saying it was lost. They said they took lost and found seriously and would return even an earring back but they didn't have the blanket (clearly not as important as an earring back). This after I was told, on Saturday, that the blanket was found and in the girl's hands I was speaking to.

I called to complain and was told how awful it was and I could have 8000 points. This isn't enough for a night. This doesn't matter to me as I will NEVER stay at a choice hotel again. I am frustrated with the quality, with the lack of service, and most of all incredulous that they are lying about the blanket and have so little care for something so important.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Waldorf hotels

Bear, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our room was very clean and perfect for an overnight stay. The clerk at the desk went out of her way to get us hot chocolate when we came back from dinner. So nice of her! Ok location. I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Adelphi, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Great place to stay check in was fast., wonderful service, respectful staff. Room was nice and the bed was comfortable. I have enjoyed my stay each time I'v came here. Thank you for all of your help.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: ratings should cover it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Plainfield, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was a school trip for my son and 76 other kids. Five students in a room. Food was awful, cold, bacon was still oinking, not cooked, and you couldn't cook your own waffle. Cooking your own waffle is part of the fun. This hurt because it was the most important meal before a full day of walking & touring.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
INDIANA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel gets VERY mixed reviews from me. I might even give it two stars. The rooms were cramped for suites. They seemed mostly clean, but not so much upon close inspection. Lots of things were worn out or not matching. It wasn't by any means "gross", just made you a little uncomfortable not knowing how unclean it might have been. My towels smelled like smoke so badly I couldn't use them...this is supposed to be a 100% smoke free hotel...hmmm? Sofa beds not comfortable. Lobby was very nice and breakfast was hot and good. Didn't swim in the pool. Stayed here during our trip to D.C. The Branch Avenue Metro station is about 20-25 minutes away without rush hour traffic. Not too bad, and the metro station was safe and convenient to use. Didn't mind the hotel at all for D.C. commute. There are LOTS of restaurants and stores just down the road and across the street. Helpful. I have to say the hotel is economical. We stayed for 80.00 a night prepaid. However, if I stayed in Waldorf again I would spend a little more and find a hotel that paid better attention to detail.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IMNTTRAVEL
cibolo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

came here for our son's wedding. rented the large room for the rehearsal dinner. the staff were outstanding and helpful. room was always cleaned well and maintained. thank you to all the staff especially kendrick and jamar. wonderful stay would definitely recommend and stay again :) the stockton family

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family