“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Virginia Beach
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to Annapolis. This was our second time staying here. The hotel is coveniently off of 301, but a little tricky to turn into and find the parking lot. Receptionist was nice and polite, quick check-in. Our 2 queen suite was spacious with a small room divider separating a couch and desk. Difficult to see tv from couch, but OK. Room was decorated nicely, very clean. A few comestic things needed to be fixed, but nothing major. Only complaint was it was 40 degrees outside and our heat/AC unit was on fan when we came in so room was very cold. Thankfully the heat worked well. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The pillows offered a variety of firmness but were small sized. Everything in room and bathroom was clean. The free breakfast was complete with waffle maker, sausage patties, ham slices, and egg patties and cheese omelettes along with good selection of the typical items breads, cereals, yogurt, etc. My son had the cheese omelette and said the cheese inside was cheap processed american, no surprise there. Overall a nice stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed here while doing claims from Hurricane Irene. Spacious rooms with a nice desk to work at. Facility has laundry which is a ++!! Good staff and great breakfast area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here to attend a Motorcycle event in MD. Really nice hotel for the money...Room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Nice breakfast as well. Front end staff were nice and professional. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This hotel is a good choice for folks looking for a budget hotel in Southern Maryland. I think the price is very reasonable for the quality of the facility. It was incredibly hot while we were there, and the air conditioning unit was working overtime. It kept the room cool but couldn't quite get the humidity down; our clothes felt a touch damp. The breakfast is probably one of the areas where they cut corners to keep costs down.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Dodge, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Beautiful entrance! Breakfast was great, scrambled eggs with either sausage or bacon, along with waffles, oatmeal, cereal etc. Pool is pretty, was a little on the chilly side for our 1 year old. The bed was super comfy, and I slept great. We stayed here because it was cheaper than staying in DC, but it does take 45min (depending on traffic) to get to DC. Theres a Walmart real close by, which helped saved cost on meals.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had to book enough rooms to handle the entire baseball team and their families. The reservation folks were a big help adn so was the hotel and their understanding that we could have been there one night or for a week depending on the out come of the games. Thank you for all of your help.

Room Tip: New, clean and the beds are very confortable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
La Plata, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I use to go to this hotel all the time years ago. The sheet on the mattress kept coming off, there was a 'pillow top' on top on it, and the sheet did not fit over the mattress and the 'pillow top'. The sheet needed to be larger, the sheet they had on the bed was for a mattress only, not additional stuff they wanted to add to the mattress. The bottom mattress showed and there was a brown stain on it. The bed was lumpy and not comfortable at all. I could not sleep. I was so glad I only stayed at this hotel one night. Never, Never again. I only stayed at this hotel, because all the other ones in the area were booked. If I knew how bad this experience was going to be I would have went to a different county or I just wouldn't have went to one at all. The room was so dirty that I did not feel comfortable in it and didn't even want to touch anything. The only peace I could get was when I went to sleep. Like I stated before I went to this hotel at least four times or more a month. That is how nice it was, but this was years ago (about four or so years ago). I stopped going because of the man at the front desk, he was so rude, and when our family would leave out and come back in, he would'nt even say hello, like most front desk workers do at other hotels. When I wanted to check-out or anything else, I would stand at the desk and have to wait, even though there were no other customers, and he was just so rude. The one good thing about the stay is that he was not there, and of course he wouldn't be, it was years ago and I'm sure his attitude was not just with my family , but with everyone. His attitude was so bad that after going there for years (several times a month) and having to deal with him, I decided that I couldn't take it anymore and went to another hotel ( I haven't stopped going yet). The best thing about this visit was the front desk staff. They were wonderful (if only the room was that great). I have read other reviews of this hotel and couldn't believe what I was reading, then I looked at the dates, they were in 2010, and 2009. Maybe the hotel has changed since then or maybe the room was set up different. I don't know what the case was, but I do know I will not be returning to this hotel less they get a makeover on the inside.

I stayed there for my daughters graduation this time, I also stayed at this hotel for her graduation five years ago, what a big difference. - yh

Room Tip: No wireless internet in the rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank nikoncookpix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldorf
Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews
Virginian Suites Arlington
#14 of 49 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 782 reviews
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Conven...
#59 of 141 in Washington DC
4.0 of 5 stars 917 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!