“Nearly 6 months as a guest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Waldorf

Courtyard Waldorf
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nearly 6 months as a guest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm a consultant and was on assignment near Waldorf. Came down Sun-Fri every week and was always greeted warmly and genuinely. Everyone was professional, yet very personable too. The hotel is well maintained - sure there's the occasional small item, but I've stayed in higher-end properties that were not nearly as well kept.

A big THANK YOU to Ronie at the front desk. I see she's been mentioned in other reviews and it's no wonder. She's just the most pleasant and energetic person.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor close to the kitchen - pretty noisy, especially in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The staff was friendly, courteous, and addressed issues promptly. On the other hand, they did cause, at least, one of the issues. When I reserved the room I reserved it as part of a group. Unfortunately, despite being a part of the group, my check-out date was a day earlier than anyone else's in the group. However, the issue was addressed and resolved without problems.
It was a pleasure to be there and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. It's greatly appreciated it.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

After many conversations, and a call to corporate headquarters, I received a credit for the item that I left behind. (see my review Mar 2013) While a appreciate the refund, i still feel like the hotel thought I was lying and took the word of their employee over mine. I am in the hospitality business and yes, the customer is ALWAYS right.....even if you think they aren't. In the long run, what is keeping your clientele happy worth? 100 dollars? I would think so.
Other than this issue the hotel was fine.....your run of the mill Marriot....Garden Inn....what have you, they are all the same with the amenities. It is the STAFF that makes the difference. So no, I will not stay at this particular hotel again b/c I feel the staff 1: can't be trusted 2: lacks training in dealing with the customer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dkemom
Sterling, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hallways smelled a little like McDonalds, but the beds are wonderful and the Ronie at the front desk was the BEST! The bathrooms were very clean and organized. We even asked for more pillows and the front desk was more than happy to give us an extra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen B
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your free back in recognizing Mrs. Ronie for her hard work. We look forward to your next visit with us here at The Waldorf Courtyard
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I reserved two rooms at this hotel for my 7-yr old daughters sleepover with six of her friends, as we have done in previous years (the previous stays were great). But, this stay started off wrong after check-in. Since we were recognizing our daughters birthday we had a small cake with us as we were carrying our belongings through the lobby to our rooms. After just 5-minutes of being in our room, I get an unexpected call (rude) from Ronnie at the front desk to say that they don't allow parties at the hotel. I asked her what lead her to believe that we were having a party at the hotel after only being there for 5-minutes? She replied that I saw you carrying a cake through the lobby to your room. I immediately hung up the phone, and marched to the front desk to voice my displeasure and to inquire if it is against hotel policy to consume cake on premises. She replied "no", and tols her that I did not pay my hard earned money to be harassed by her over a cake and her assumptions. Well, the saga with Ronnie continued after we placed calls to the front desk for these issues: 1). There were ants in bathrooms in both rooms (she eventually came to spray, but attributed the ants in bathroom's to the cake in the bedroom area that had not been cut). 2). The toilet backed up in one of the rooms (she told my wife that she would bring her a plunger, so she could attempt to un-clog it herself. My in disbelief refused, so Ronnie managed to un-clog the toilet only after stating that the clog was probably caused by one of the six little girls in the room). 3). We were forced to contact Robbie again after one of the little girls found black men's underwear on the floor near the side of the bed. Now, all this happened in one night! I complained to Nicole (front desk supervisor) the next morning, but I only got the typical corporate apology / I will address this with her response. This Marriott does not represent the company name well. I will be writing a letter to the corporate office.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Rayjay2
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Always a Great Stay! Denesia and Nicole are the BEST! Always a clean hotel, exceptional cutomer service. Whenever I'm in the area I stay at this Marriot and now Denesia and Nicole know my name! Outstanding! When I walk through the door and by the time I get to the desk they have pulled my reservation up and asking how many keys! Amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your response in regards to your recent stay here at the Waldorf Courtyard Hotel. We pride our self on delivering great service and it great to hear that we delivered that to you during your stay with us. Again thank you for the feedback its greatly appreciated by me and the staff.

Tajala Lockhart
Assistant General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott a few weeks ago. While still in the area, but after checking out, I realized I had left an item, valued at $100. in the bathroom. Within hours of checking out I called to tell them I would be by to pick it up only to be told I was "wrong" and there was nothing found. Ok, this was a brand new Sonic Care toothbrush. It's not like I'm walking down the road with it and dropped it as could be the case if it was a wallet or phone. The last place I had it was the Marriott bathroom. My word wasn't good enough and I was basically called a liar. I travel a lot and have left things behind before, had things mailed to me from other hotels and certainly when I go back personally with hours, the items have been there. Not at THIS Marriot, so for that reason the entire chain is off my list. They need to hire more trustworthy staff OR make amends when things go wrong.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
courtyardwaldorf, Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your response. We take lost and found very seriously and have a process in place to log and secure items that are left behind. I apologize that we were not able to locate your item; however, if I can be of further assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you.

Tajala Lockhart
Assistant General Manager
301-885-3333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldorf
Hilton Garden Inn Waldorf
La Quinta Inn Waldorf
La Quinta Inn Waldorf
#6 of 12 in Waldorf
3.5 of 5 stars 111 reviews

Been to Courtyard Waldorf? Share your experiences!