“Wonderful Christmas stay”
Review of Courtyard Waldorf

Courtyard Waldorf
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Reviewed December 29, 2012

It was wonderful staying at your property during my Xmas visit, the hotel was not full so I was upgraded to a suite. The general manager Hussein checked me out and we talked for several minutes after he asked about where i was from and why i was in the area. I thanked him for a wonderful staff and great accommodations. The hotel was decorated tastefully for Christmas. I will continue to stay here and have already recommended to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Iman B,

I appreciate the five star review. My staff appreciates the kind words about their service. We gladly serve all our guests with the greatest respect no matter what the origin of their reservation. Please come back soon.

hussein.ahmed@marriott.com
P- 301-885-3333

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This Marriott is beautiful! The rooms are gorgeous and the amenities are awesome. The staff is wonderful, and Cosmos was especially helpful. He was very professional, kind and considerate. My family appreciated his warm and friendly attitude. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Sharlynne35,

Thank you for the great review. I will pass it along to our staff who appreciate great feedback on their hard work. Please come back

hussein.ahmed@marriott.com
P-301-885-3333

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The front desk staff are very nice and very helpful. The daily housekeeping is fine. Rooms are small--my husband and I shared a room on a trip associated with our business. These rooms are really only sized for one guest, not a couple. The closet is small, and the only mirrors are in the bathroom.
The first room we were given had a defective heat/ ac unit. When it had been off for a few hours, when turned on, it made terrible banging noises. After a bad night, we requested a room change. In the second room, the heater didn't bang, but it barely heated. Since it was December, this mattered. Clearly the hotel is not in control of the heating/ ac situation, which apparently needs a general overhaul. In our second room, the light over the tub-shower was burned out, making the entire bathroom extremely dim. A housekeeper could not clean the bathroom without noticing this, but it was not replaced prior to our receiving the room. Every morning, we cheerily reported this burnt-out bulb to the front desk, who entered it into the computer for replacement. We had to report this four days in a row before the bulb was finally replaced--on our last day.
We selected this hotel because my husband is a Marriott Rewards elite member. Next time we are in Waldorf, we will stay at the Marriott Residence nearby. This Courtyard does not have it together.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear MaryFromoly,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the room you received. I would like to assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards when it comes to response time and the HVAC units. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

3145 Crain Hwy
Waldorf, MD 20603
P- 301-885-3333
E- hussein.ahmed@marriott.com

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel provided the perfect atmosphere for our stay. From the moment you walked in the door you knew it was going to be a grand weekend. The hotel was very clean, sparkling and modern. Mr. Ahmed was very helpful as we had many questions about shopping, restaurants, etc. He indulged at every level and was patient and kind even when we were a little overbearing. The different staff at the desk were also quite professional and friendly always eager to greet and help. The room was very nice and the bathroom was cleaner than any I have seen in the past. Overall, I loved this hotel and cannot wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor in the middle of the floor and it was extremely peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed at courtyard marriott waldorf. the property was bright, clean and state of the art. the room was extremely clean and pristine. the staff were not only very professional but also friendly, outgoing and helpful. there was nothing else i could have wanted or needed out of this hotel stay. i felt like i was special the way the staff treated me. i wish all of my hotel stays could be a wonderful as this one. i will definitely recommend to my familly and friends and cannot wait to stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and the staff was extremely helpful Especally the front desk clerk Nicole! I would definetly recommend this hotel! The room was very comfortable and clean. I also loved the new style at the desk and how the staff could walk around and communicate with the guest.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed here for 14 nights while on business trip. I spent 5-6 hours a day at the work desk in the room which was comfortably set up. The staff was friendly and helpful over that period of time, and addressed the only issue I had within 5 minutes (refrigerator wouldnt get cold). Parking lot well lit and general security seemed good. If there was a continental breakfast they'd get 5 stars. The hotel is close to a nice mall, decent restaurants, a great theatre, and several sites of interest including the Mudd House/Surratt Tavern/Mt Vernon (45 min)/DC (45 min). They do sell Starbucks coffee in the lobby for the java people. Clothes washer and dryer are free.

Room Tip: I was by the stairs but only heard hallway noise on one weekend night - some kind of kids group (i t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business