“BEST HOTEL IN WALDORF!!!!”
Review of Courtyard Waldorf

Courtyard Waldorf
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Waldorf
Gainesville, Virginia
“BEST HOTEL IN WALDORF!!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a few days during a business and I was very impressed. Not only is the ambiance of this hotel is idealistic, but the amenities and their service math as well. The rooms were a great size, clean, and very comfortable. Even the housekeepers were amazing, they were really friendly and diligent. And the lady at the front desk was AMAZING, she understood I drove a long way from Virginia to Maryland at midnight for a business trip that was planned last minute, pretty much all of the vital paperwork needed to be revised. She gave me a key to a room and told me we can take care of it in the morning. That to me was outstanding service. When I go to Waldorf I'm at the Courtyard Marriott

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hello Talorerae,

We are very pleased that we were able to accomodate you in your lastminute travel to our hotel. Thank you for such great accolades on our service and the value of our accommodations. We work hard to ensure that each one of our employees are prepared to handle whatever issues may arise . I have communicated your satisafction to the staff you mentioned.

Thank you for letting us know that we are getting it right. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. It is our pleasure to serve you and welcome you to your “New Stay” at the Courtyard Marriott in Waldorf, Maryland.

301-885-3333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Trenton, Michigan
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The Marriot Courtyard in Waldorf, Maryland is a great little place. It is clean, comfortable,and close to everything you need for a fun week-end. Big and small
stores, restaurants, and even gas stations on the same road. No reason to get in the
car and travel 20 minutes to eat. And Washington or Virginia are 30 min. Niiiiiice.

Room Tip: Get a room by exit ..... very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Jo w,

Thank you for spending the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to have served you and I am very pleased that our little big city Waldorf and our hotel exceeded your expectations. Please come back and see us again.

Lanham, MD
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My sister was married across the street from this hotel on Saturday (10/8/11) and we had a block of rooms (13 in all) for the entire wedding party. The hotel was clean, the decor was beautiful and the amenities were wonderful. A number of people in our wedding party commented on the size of the restrooms and the room decor. We were greeted by staff each time we passed one in the hallway and everyone was friendly.

On the day of the wedding, our group arrived and were allowed to check in early. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The bride to be was the last to arrive and her room was not ready. Melinda Brown immediately got her staff on the job of preparing my sister's room.

My initial contact for the block of rooms was Sheree Peace. Ms. Peace was AWESOME!! Her assistance was critical to ensuring that we had the rooms necessary for the wedding party. She went out of her way to make sure that our needs were met and her level of professionalism was stellar!

On the day of check in, every call we made to the front desk for assistance and information was responded to quickly and efficiently - and we made LOTS of calls! We also visited the front desk often for the same reasons. Melinda Brown, Denesia Pickeral and Mariah Vaughn each provided excellent customer service. Denesia and Melinda went the extra mile by anticipating our needs and meeting them prior to even being asked to do so!!!

Our entire party was extremely impressed and very, very grateful for the hard work and diligence provided by the staff. Their efforts took a load off of our shoulders and made our stay quite enjoyable.

We have all agreed that we should plan another stay at this wonderful hotel!!!

Room Tip: Each room is wonderful. Our group had at least one of each kind except for a suite. We had single...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Hello Suzette H,

We are very pleased that we were able to accomodate your lovely family during their wonderful wedding. It was all our pleasure serving you and your family. Thank you for such great accolades on our service and the value of our accommodations. We work hard to ensure that each one of our employees are prepared to handle whatever issues may arise while working equally as hard to guarantee that our facility is up to par to the standards that will exceed even the most meticulous of expectations. I have communicated your satisafction to the staff you mentioned.

NC
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I understand complaints about staff, I believe in good customer service too - I just find that most of the time with business trips that I need the staff so little that unless they are blatantly rude and 'nasty' that my biggest concern (and basis for rating a hotel) is CLEANLINESS.

This is a newer property, and is still in great shape, super clean. Bathrooms are my biggest item - it needs to be clean and free of prior occupant hair (ugh) and toothpaste splatter (yuk). The location has plenty nearby (food, shopping, etc.).

As I will be doing business in the area over the coming year, this is my new go-to hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Hello Hodels,

Thank you for spending the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to have served you and I am very pleased we met your expectations. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week and was utterly disappointed with the responsiveness and the quality of staff. Most of the staff will stare at you without saying hello or what they can do to help. They are more interested in plating on their cell phone or sitting in the computer area. You feel like it is a great bother to ask them a question or to perform a simple task. I have stayed with Marriott for a long time and this is by far the worst service I have ever had.

The rate for the room is good and the rooms are decent, but don't expect more than 20 cable channels and they sell coffee with their in house starbuck so if you are used to a free cup of Joe in the evening, you won't get it here.

The staff really needs customer service training at the least. I think they forget they are in the hospitality business. Needless to say I will be at te Hampton up the road on my next visit to waldorf.

• Stayed September 2011
courtyardwaldorf, General Manager at Courtyard Waldorf, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Hello Trueratin
I want to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about the quality of service you received during your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott, Waldorf. On behalf of myself and my team, I sincerely apologize. As our guest, your satisfaction and patronage are very important to me. Therefore, I appreciate being notified of any instance involving poor service so that I am able to immediately address the situation.

Hello At Courtyard by Marriott, our service teams are expected to provide top-quality and attentive service to every guest, every time. Not only is this our standard, but anything less is unacceptable. We want you to feel confident knowing that when you choose Courtyard by Marriott all of your lodging needs will be met in a timely and professional manner. I want to assure you that I have discussed your concerns with my managers and team members and reiterated the importance of taking care of our guests.

Again, I would like to thank you for bringing this situation to my attention. I want you to feel a sense of comfort when you walk into and stay at Courtyard by Marriott, regardless of the city or state. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

hussein.ahmed2marriott.com
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband, 10 month old son and I stayed for three nights when we lost electricity from Hurricane Irene. The hotel was 45 minutes from home, so I was not all that familiar with the area. The hotel is centrally located to shopping, restaurants and major roads. It was convenient for my husband commuting to NOVA.
The room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. We requested a crib which was brought up immediately and we had plenty of room. Every single staff person we came in contact with was friendly and accommodating. The pool and fitness room were both great, and I was thrilled the laundry room was FREE to use.
We had the breakfast package which was very convenient and had a good selection - made to order.

Overall I have no complaints - can't say enough great things about the hotel and staff. It was a horrible reason to stay in a hotel but couldn't have asked for a better experience. The price was great too!

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Jjones042,

We are very pleased that we were able to accomdate your lovely family during Hurricane Irene's aftermath. It was all our pleasure serving you and your family. Thank you for such great accolades on our service and the value of our accommodations. We work hard to ensure that each one of our employees are prepared to handle whatever issues may arise while working equally as hard to guarantee that our facility is up to par to the standards that will exceed even the most meticulous of expectations.

hussein.ahmed@marriott.com
Tel: 301-885-3333
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed here for one night using my Marriott Rewards points. I wished my Hotwire.com hotel deal had been for this hotel instead of another one in Waldorf. The staff was very friendly. Our room was nice and clean and had lots of room. I think the only thing missing was a microwave but at least it had a fridge and a small sink. My kids enjoyed the pool. There is lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. It's right along Rt. 301 but I didn't hear any of the highway noise from my room. Would definitely return the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sayhi2tin,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for letting us know that we are getting it right. we do have microwaves in all our rooms now. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. It is our pleasure to serve you and welcome you to your “New Stay” at the Courtyard Marriott in Waldorf, Maryland.

hussein.ahmed@marriott.com