“Unfortunate Timing”

and up
John Wilkes Booth Escape Tour in Washington DC
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Waldorf
More attraction details
Owner description: The original house of Dr. Samuel Mudd, the physician who set the leg of John Wilkes Booth.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can't say a lot about this tour mainly because as soon as the tour started I nearly passed out. I'm not sure what caused it. We had taken the walk around the grounds, and it was very hot out. I think in the 90s. But I was fine during the walk, and I was fine when I first went inside. It wasn't until the tour started and I went into that first room that I started to feel light headed. I've always been sensitive towards the paranormal, and I've heard stories that The Mudd House is haunted, but that doesn't exactly mean it was something paranormal that caused me to feel that way. It just makes me think, you know? Mostly because I still have no idea what caused it, and it's never happened to be before or after.

Either way, the people there were very kind. Someone in my tour group was a paramedic and he helped me to sit down, which was the only thing that saved me for passing out completely. The people working there offered me some chocolate and I was given a water. They completely refunded my money and the money of my friends that went with me, and that was something they didn't even have to do. I hope that I can go back someday and actually take the tour of the house. But I wanted to write this review, just to let everyone know how kind the people are that work there. They're very welcoming, and I'm sure that makes for a fun tour for everyone.

1  Thank Danielle G
There are newer reviews for The Dr. Samuel Mudd House & Museum

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Beautiful Summer drive down to Waldorf MD. The museum was much more then we expected. The tour lasted about an hour.Two of the Mudd family descendant's were on site and seemed surprised we drove 2 1/2 hours to view the museum. The Mudd family has done a great job in preserving such a piece of history. Home had lovely furnishings, and beautiful grounds. Tour guide was very knowledgeable. We continued are drive to Clinton MD to see Surratt House Museum, completing this end of John Wilkes Booth escape.

3  Thank Annmarie R
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The house is well kept and clean with much of the original furniture. The tour guide was quite knowledgeable. There is a gift shop which was operated by the great grand daughter of the Doctor. It was a very enjoyable tour and I recommend to everyone!

3  Thank wwwoodward
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I visited the house on a Wednesday, the day before the 4th of July. The admission is $7.00 per person and the tour lasts about 45 minutes. We were the only two on the tour. Mary Ann, our tour guide was excellent. She seemed to know everything about the family. Two descendants of Dr. Mudd were in the gift shop. You see the actual couch where Dr. Mudd examined John Wilkes Booth's broken leg and the room where he slept. This is a very interesting tour. Beware, there have been ghost sightings.

9  Thank pletzkeb
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautiful home and furnishings,gorgeous surroundings,friendly and knowledgeable staff. Interesting part of our country's history.

5  Thank JArams