Layton's Chance Vineyard and Winery

Enjoyable

Reviewed October 12, 2018
OpalandLarry
Cambridge, Maryland

All reviews wine tasting tasting room eastern shore rocking chairs cheese and crackers lots of fun ocean city layton rt salisbury picnic maryland learning
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

A spontaneous stop on a Monday afternoon brought us to this vineyard. The vineyard is about 2.5 miles off of Hwy 50, with a few hard right turns mixed in.
Wine tasting is unique with two options: a dry vs sweet option (7 wines) indoors for $6, or a pick your own (5 wines) for $12 with outdoor seating. The vineyard primarily has sweet wines and fruit wines, with some dry varietals as well.

The staff seemed nice, but the outdoor Wine tasting option has you go off on your own to sit outside with a wine glass tree of samples, so it doesn't have the personal interaction of speaking and learning about the vineyard and the wines.
Bottles of wine are lower priced than western MD wines, with bottles available for $12-$25.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Hubby and I stopped in Maryland to visit our future home and I mentioned checking out a winery. We checked the web and came across the Layton’s Chance Winery. I saw the Freedom wine and knew I wanted to try it. After our tasting and 7 purchased bottles later, we’re good. Barb waited on us and we met a very nice local couple.The Freedom wine is my Favorite. We signed up for the Gold Members Club as well. Great day, great service and Awesome Wine. Will definitely be back.

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank Mzizhazan
Jennifer L, General Manager at Layton's Chance Vineyard and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Welcome to the neighborhood and the Gold Leaf family! We are excited you have joined us. Look forward to lots of free events and concerts throughout the year as well as discounted wine and event tickets. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Stopped here before going to dinner. The place and people are very nice. I got the Vintner's Flight and the wife got the Lazy Day Flight. Can't go wrong with either one depending on your preference. We sat out on the farmer's porch in rocking chairs and enjoyed a glass of wine and a beautiful view of the vineyard. Very relaxing and enjoyable. We will be back.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank OpalandLarry
Jennifer L, General Manager at Layton's Chance Vineyard and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

A great side trip for those visiting the Eastern Shore, as well as a local favorite. Pleasant tasting room, special entertainment on certain occasions, and open to the whole family.

Date of experience: September 2017
Jennifer L, General Manager at Layton's Chance Vineyard and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you found us and were able to enjoy your time. Hope your next visit is soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We loved the place and the people could not be friendlier or more hospitable. We loved everything that we learned. I have never heard of most of the grape varieties they grow. The vines are young and will mature well I am certain. Do go visit you will be happy you did.

Date of experience: July 2018