“Over priced, not so nice atmosphere”
Review of Friendly Farms

Friendly Farms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Upperco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were there for a special family event and had reservations. We had to wait approx 45 only to be stuffed into a cafeteria style dining area. The service was mediocre, and the food wasn't anything special. My daughter and I ordered the crabcakes since they are supposed to be so great. I wasn't impressed..I had a shell in nearly every bite. The side dishes consists of canned green beans; FF's, cottage cheese; not fresh tasting sides. The FF's were alright, but not so sure how you can mess up FF's. I do have to say the rolls were very good. The location is very nice, but as far as the inside goes, it is in need of a major renovation and update. With the prices being what they are (High end) I believe they could do much better.

1  Thank luckyfeather
There are newer reviews for Friendly Farms

Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I was invited for lunch here by a colleague from York. I had never heard of the place and since it was out in the middle of farm land I thought I was lost. Anyway, the crab cake was excellent and the family style AUCE sides were perfect. I would definitely recommend for a casual meal. Prices are all $15+ for a meal but worth the price.

2  Thank Primeminus
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The fried chicken is my favorite but I have tried everything on the menu at one time or another and never disliked anything,The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly.I'm not a big fan of cole slaw but I can't get enough of theirs.The dinner rolls and the sugar rolls are fantastic.The last entree I had was the crab cakes and fried shrimp.Delicious!Beautiful country setting..

2  Thank Tom1945
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A simple, no-frills farm that serves delicious food. Entrees are purchased in advance while sides and drinks are AYCE, dessert is a scoop of ice cream or sherbert. I love the fried chicken as an entree and my favorite ice cream flavor is Almond Joy. The farm has a beautiful pond nearby where you can relax, take pictures and feed the geese/ducks.

1  Thank minx6469
Reviewed May 29, 2012

You are in for a treat to dine at Friendly Farms in Upperco. We have been going there for years for family celebrations and just to enjoy a Sunday dinner in a beautiful farm setting. The staff is great and the food is fantastic. You order your entry and then are served coleslaw, peaches, cottage cheese,relish tray, apple butter, and these fantastic sugar rolls to begin the meal. Once your entry arrives they serve green beans, corn, homemade french fries family style and you can get all the refills you need. The entries are large servings and the roast beef and ham over the platter with several slices...chicken is great and their favorite, crab cakes are wonderful. We love their pork chops as well. At the end of the meal you are served ice cream.

The restaurant sets on a farm with two ponds, and the kids and adults as well love to take bread to feed the many Canadian geese and ducks that reside there at the ponds. It's a beautiful setting no matter what time of year you go. It is a beautiful drive through the Maryland countryside.

We eat there every so often and hold family celebrations there also and have never been disappointed with the service or quality. You can rent out the lower level for larger events which we did for our 40th wedding anniversary.

2  Thank HerkDia